Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many RK owners have switched to Heritage handlebars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006 | 11:46 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Default RE: How many RK owners have switched to Heritage handlebars?

Ok guys, can you put these bars on a 2006 RG ?

Need to know ?

Old 04-05-2006 | 12:06 PM
Segerfan
Advanced

I have put the Sundowner seat on and to me I have to reach further for the stock bars than with the stock seat,but I am only 5'8'. I'm thinking of trying the Heritage bars or the Road Glide bars with the Sundowner seat on.

Old 04-05-2006 | 12:44 PM
TKanaley
Cruiser

Do the Heritage bars move the controls closer on the RK? If so, then by approximately how much?

I'm 5' 8 1/2" and have to lean slightly forward and stretch to reach the stock bars on my 06 FLHRC. I have the reduced reach bars on backorder with my dealer, but maybe I should consider the Heritage instead?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2006 | 01:17 PM
Segerfan
Advanced

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think with the Reach bars you change the cable and brake line and with the Heritage bars you use your stock cables. The Heritage bars bring your arms up some and also closer to you.

Old 04-05-2006 | 01:33 PM
davesnhere
Cruiser

I switched about a year after owning my King and couldn't believe I waited so long!!! What a difference!

Old 04-05-2006 | 01:35 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior

take a look at the bars from the FLHP cop road king. comfort has never been an issue with mine and i have had more than one rider ask me what they were.

Old 04-05-2006 | 02:20 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: roadkingcurley

I went through about three different bars before I found the ones I like best. Wild ones, Chubby's Knuckle Bars. I think W508 is the number. I'm 6'-4" and I like my arms streched out some and these bars are perfect. They look like they belong, too!!
The Chubby 508s have the same severe pull-back as the stock RK Custom bars. Were you thinking of the 518s? I'm 5'11" and the 518s appear to be a good fit....I can reach out a little more. With the stock bars, I feel like I'm pushing a wheelbarrow!

Old 04-05-2006 | 04:38 PM
byrdi
Advanced

on your road king custom do you have the beach bars????
ORIGINAL: Gunkholes

ORIGINAL: roadkingcurley

I went through about three different bars before I found the ones I like best. Wild ones, Chubby's Knuckle Bars. I think W508 is the number. I'm 6'-4" and I like my arms streched out some and these bars are perfect. They look like they belong, too!!
The Chubby 508s have the same severe pull-back as the stock RK Custom bars. Were you thinking of the 518s? I'm 5'11" and the 518s appear to be a good fit....I can reach out a little more. With the stock bars, I feel like I'm pushing a wheelbarrow!

Old 04-05-2006 | 05:07 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

I put the heritage bars on mine after owning it 2 months.

Old 04-05-2006 | 06:20 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

I've usually considered "Beach Bars" to be wider and straighter. I've seen some refer to the RK Custom bars as beach bars. Not sure what they should be called, but the stock RK Custom bars come back too far for me -- it puts my wrists at an awkward angle (aka wheelbarrow grip). I prefer to "stretch-out" a little more. I sat on a RK with the Chubby 518s and they felt pretty good. The stock bars are 32" wide; the 518s are 36". On the 518s, my wrists are more in-line with my arm and I don't cramp-up as much.

Quick Reply: How many RK owners have switched to Heritage handlebars?