Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander/Stock Engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
OldDog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander/Stock Engine

Gentlemen; I talked with Keith at FuelMoto today about adding one of their PC packages to my 09 Classic due here in Dec. I like their idea of selling a known package with the right map. I was wondering if any of you have experience with a tuned PC on a stock 07/08 engine, i.e slipons & AC. Did you feel that the bike was cooler and happier? What about reliability? I also understand that a Stage 1 will not change the fuel mix? I know that this is a simple question, but I don't know anybody with a PC. Thx.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I bought my PCIII from fuel moto for my 08 SG. Told them I had Rinehart True Duals, Arlen Ness Air cleaner, they sent unit pre mapped , I installed it, It works. Took away that singer sewing machine powerband, this bike is just plain fun to ride now. I really want to add 103 cylinders and woods cams, but this thing plain rocks now. I just dont know what to do, and I'm a motor guy...came from riding my 100 plus hp and TQ Wide glide, while it was very streetable...just wasn't near as comfy. Sg now runs cooler, starts easier, fuel mileage dipped into the mid to low 40's, but Fuel Moto fixed the problem with the lean condition, guaranteed reliable...6000 miles since install. No regrets.

Last edited by timberland; 11-06-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 PM
OldDog
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply. That's the info I was looking for.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a PC III from Jamie at Fuel Moto for my 06 Road King with a pre installed map, easy install, ran really good, did the zero throttle setting and I started to get a little decel pop, call Jamie he advised me just what to do and it completely solved my issue and I loved what it did for that bike. Long story short these guys rock when it comes to tuning. They do so much of it they are experts in the field. I just spoke to Jamie a few days ago about a power package for my 09 Ultra as soon as the PC V's become available. I can't wait.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Any idea if the PC111 or the new PC V will affect the warranty?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

My experience with my 07 is that I bought the package of K&N3909, the Supertrapp Slipons and the PCIII.

It came preprogrammed from Jaime but my Dyno guy wanted to sue his map and started with one he already had and then adjusted while on dyno from there.

The whole pont of a PC is to change the fuel air ratio of the input from the ECM to the output to the EFI.

Still, it rocks and runs like a bear. If you want to read more about it, read this link. Like one of the other guys said, it gives a lot more power across a wider power band, especially in the 1900rpm to 2500rpm which is almost useless before you do this mod.

Now, with this mod, 6th gear is a joy! Here's the link https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/134877-07-egc-stage-1-report-out-and-dyno.html

I know they geared to 09s a bit lower to help with that, but on the 07s and 08s it was a tad higher and really need the extra grunt to be useable

Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Thumbs up

I did the FuelMoto Jackpot and PCIII 2 weeks ago and am wondering why I did not do it 6-8 months ago when I learned about. Best thing I have done, it is like I have a new Bike. Woke up and does seem to run cooler.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by Conehead
Any idea if the PC111 or the new PC V will affect the warranty?
Conehead, there are lots of Harley dealers who are also Power Commander dealers so the install of a PC in and of itself should not have any effect on your warranty. On my road king, since I had the dealership do the pipes,AC and reflash, they really never knew the PCIII was even on there, if anything would have gone wrong with the engine, I would have just unplugged it to be sure, 30 second project.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
OldDog
Cruiser

Thanks guys. Hope Jamie's ready when I get my bike in Dec.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 PM
gregsdart
Cruiser
Default Me too!

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I did the FuelMoto Jackpot and PCIII 2 weeks ago and am wondering why I did not do it 6-8 months ago when I learned about. Best thing I have done, it is like I have a new Bike. Woke up and does seem to run cooler.
I did the same on my 08 roadking. What a difference. Just make sure it warms up fully to get by the spot in the warmup cycle where the motor lurchs. It only lasts about 30 seconds, but can be hairy if you are under way.

Quick Reply: Power Commander/Stock Engine