Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V & H Fuel Pac

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rc9636
I'd recommend coughing up the extra bucks for a Power Commander (they seem to have
a much lower failure rate) and getting it premapped by FUELMOTO.

Remember you usually get what you pay for!
I don't know why people are soo hyped up for the PC. I had one before and it worked great as does my current Fuelpak. As was said previously, if you don't plan on going bigger or past a stage one, it just makes sense to go with the Fuelpak if your also going with other V&H products such as pipes. As for failure rate, I have no idea what the stats are, but mine is perfect as are others in this thread.

As for getting what you pay for, I definately got what I paid for. No need to cough up any more $$$$ if there is no need.

I got my Fuelpak from the dealer so I paid a little more, with a giftcard of course.............

Last edited by r8rs4lf; 11-06-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM
vette
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm very happy with my Fuelpac

Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM
99_percenter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I don't know why people are soo hyped up for the PC. I had one before and it worked great as does my current Fuelpak. As was said previously, if you don't plan on going bigger or past a stage one, it just makes sense to go with the Fuelpak if your also going with other V&H products such as pipes. As for failure rate, I have no idea what the stats are, but mine is perfect as are others in this thread.

As for getting what you pay for, I definately got what I paid for. No need to cough up any more $$$$ if there is no need.

I got my Fuelpak from the dealer so I paid a little more, with a giftcard of course.............
Agreed +1

I'm going no farther than stage 1 on this bike. (05 ultra V&H2into1 BP)

Fuel Pak has suited my needs. I got what I paid for.

99%r

Old 11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
llmotorcycles
Cruiser

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I don't know why people are soo hyped up for the PC. I had one before and it worked great as does my current Fuelpak. As was said previously, if you don't plan on going bigger or past a stage one, it just makes sense to go with the Fuelpak if your also going with other V&H products such as pipes.
plainly put the pc III is just a better product. it offers far more adjustbility, you can adjust ignition timing, raise the rev limiter, not to mention superior support from dynojet, its dealers and also on this forum. the fuelpak does work great for some guys but the main problem is that it cant make adjustments under about 40% throttle which is a fact. to each and ones own but for a little more money you get a much better tuner

Old 11-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuelpak works fine for me too!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:33 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by llmotorcycles
plainly put the pc III is just a better product. it offers far more adjustbility, you can adjust ignition timing, raise the rev limiter, not to mention superior support from dynojet, its dealers and also on this forum. the fuelpak does work great for some guys but the main problem is that it cant make adjustments under about 40% throttle which is a fact. to each and ones own but for a little more money you get a much better tuner
Not trying to start an argument about which one is better here because like I said, I've had both and both are great. When I had the PC, I never messed with it after it was set so I don't see what the adjustability issue is. Once it's set, why keep tooling around with it? Also, as far as the Fuelpak goes, I would *** u ME that V&H has done their homework and once the numbers are plugged in, it's done! Just like the PC, but with the Fuelpak, there is no need for a computer. Now, if a person is going to be changing things like slip ons, head pipes and changing from V&H to Rhineharts, to whatever, then I can see the need for the PC. For simplicity, Fuelpak is the way to go. It's cheaper and easier to program. As far as not being able to make adjustments under 40% with the Fuelpak, is that what you HEARD? Whether it's true or not, it's not that serious to me. My bike is not a race bike and never will be and if that is your goal, then maybe the TTS system is better right? My goal was to make it breath better, sound better and get rid of some of the heat and that's all accomplished with the Fuelpak.

When it comes down to it, it's your coin, do what you want, but we are all basically after the same results.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent arguments everyone but let's get back on point to the original question:

Who has the best price?

P.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerGent
Where can I get the best price for Vance & Hine Fuel Pac ?
Thanks.
The best is where ever you can find a used one because someone is selling because they bought a PCIII or A SERT.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:10 PM
papa_freeman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iamopie2FLHRC
+1, I have V&H slip ons and therefore got the fuelpak. Works like a champ. Got the things to enter from the site, put it in, and has been running perfect.
I'm thinking about going that route, too--- can you give an idea of the change in sound and throttle response? The newer bikes are VERY quiet stock IMHO--

Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
HB
Road Captain

I have one that I am going to pull in about a week. Going to a big bore and PC. It's on an 03 ultra. Works great. I have had this about 8 months. V&H true duals/ovals. Made A big difference in how bike runs. $150.00 shipped. Very simple connection. Takes 1/2 hour. Fits 02 - 06

Last edited by HB; 11-07-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Quick Reply: V & H Fuel Pac