Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slipon exhaust 09 touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vahoagie
On page 505 of the 2009 Harley Catalog of parts-Screamin' Eagle Stage I air cleaner for twin cam models has an * stating "recalibration is required..." as well as other air intake systems on the following pages too.

For the exhaust section about Screamin' Eagle slip-ons pages 516-525 nowhere does it mention the need to do any recalibration. The only * is to remind you to buy muffler clamps.

I guess the needs to be recalibrated may be one of those extra profit margin items that gets mentioned to try to boost profit for exhaust only sales.

Just a thought- I'm not sure.
Hoagie
That's because the Screaming Eagle pipes are none too different then the stock mufflers anyway. I've heard people here say that about the HD mufflers. But buy an aftermarket set that breaths and you will certainly flow more air and need a tuner.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 AM
BDHE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
That's because the Screaming Eagle pipes are none too different then the stock mufflers anyway. I've heard people here say that about the HD mufflers. But buy an aftermarket set that breaths and you will certainly flow more air and need a tuner.
That's exactly what my research indicated.

The key is flow rates. In the case of the mufflers, less back pressure means a higher potential flow rate.

Bryon

Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 AM
so165
Tourer

I just put on some Rush 2.0 slip ons and did not have to modify anything, they sound good and I have no problems with them.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 AM
oleokie
6th Gear

I put a set of Dyno Jackpot mufflers on my 09EGC and have put 3k on the bike since putting them on. I have had no trouble with heat or bike running to lean. But I have not changed the stock air cleaner. I felt that dyno jackpot muffers had enough backpressue to do fine with the stock ecm. So far nothing has turned blue, oil temps have been great, rode in upper 90 deg days (when first put them on). As far as MPG getting 46 solo and 41 with the wife on. When I pulled the plugs last week they are a nice dark tan and showed no signs of running extra lean.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

My V&H Monster Ovals just got delivered this morning to my house and look at this label on the outside of the box.
Sure, V&H sells the Fuel Pak but this looks like a legit warning label to me.

I may wait until I have the rest of the stuff from Fuel Moto before I put my new mufflers on. I'd hate to blue these up.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM
rc9636
Cruiser

I just put the performance package from FUELMOTO on my 08 Ultra about 10 days ago
and could not be happier. It was the easiest Stage 1 upgrade I've ever done. The
hardest part was getting the original mufflers off, everthing else went great.

The Jackpot mufflers have a nice low rumble at idle and while crusing, and an attention
getting growl when throttling on. The Power Commander was strictly plug & play and
the programing appears to be right on. No popping, cracking, or hesitations just a very
smooth and linear throttle. And a very noticable increase in low end torque which
reduces the shifting between 5 & 6 at 60 mph. The only improvement I would've made
on the package would be chroming the air cleaner backing plate.

Jammie let me know if you come up with a chrome backing plate!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rc9636
I just put the performance package from FUELMOTO on my 08 Ultra about 10 days ago
and could not be happier. It was the easiest Stage 1 upgrade I've ever done. The
hardest part was getting the original mufflers off, everthing else went great.

The Jackpot mufflers have a nice low rumble at idle and while crusing, and an attention
getting growl when throttling on. The Power Commander was strictly plug & play and
the programing appears to be right on. No popping, cracking, or hesitations just a very
smooth and linear throttle. And a very noticable increase in low end torque which
reduces the shifting between 5 & 6 at 60 mph. The only improvement I would've made
on the package would be chroming the air cleaner backing plate.

Jammie let me know if you come up with a chrome backing plate!

I believe the backing plate is a genuine HD product so check the HD accessory site to see if a chrome version exists. It may! (Assuming you bought the Fuel Moto A/C)

Old 03-15-2009, 09:05 PM
steve09
Stage I
Default Slip Ons AND Air/Fuel Ratios

Having installed many exhaust systems both full systems and slip on systems the answer is it depends on the particular bike. Of course Harley is going to tell you you NEED the download thats available. Its just like V&H telling you that you NEED the Fuelpak. Don't get me wrong the Fuelpak is a GREAT product and I highly recommend it over Powercommanders and other fuel systems but......Best advice from somone who has their motorcycle tech cert. install the system and judge for yourself...You may discover you need a fuel management system then again you may not. RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of Screaming Eagle slip ons from my 06 Road King, the ones before the epa came down on them and put them on my 09 Ultra and had nothing else sone to it and they sound great and have no problems with airflow or back pressure, but the newer Screaming Eagles they have now are not worth the chrome they are made out of. Try Rush 1.75 or 2.0's they sound good and deep with a nice rumble

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Hog Heaven
Tourer

Put Rush 1.75's on and had my dealer say that the bike would be just fine without any reflash or download. Remember, the dealer who sold me the bike said this, so on matters where the dealer isn't trying to take my hard earned money, I'm listening.

Quick Reply: slipon exhaust 09 touring