Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Lids.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008 | 10:36 AM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Default Loud Lids.

Does anyone have or know of someone who has these new Loud Lids saddle bag speakers? www.loudlids.com. Are they any good? They said they were at Biketoberfest but I did not happen to see them. From what they told me on the telephone, they replace your stock saddlebag lids and require a small hole to be drilled at the bottom of the saddlebag to run the wire for the amplifier. This drilling is the only thing that makes me feel a bit reserved about buying a set. They seem to be a good idea though. Any experiences?

Old 11-05-2008 | 10:46 AM
LPFRAY
Cruiser

I have talked with them as well. Not sure if they drill on the bottem or side, but you can seal up the hole no problem. We, my wife and I, are going to do a set on her bike soon. I think it is an awesome option for 4 speakers without haveing the tour pack on. Plus if you do the 3 way for the freeway you could have 8 speakers rocken on an ultra. When I talked with them they also said they are coming out with a 5 1/2" version soon as well because a lot of people thought they were too big. I think is a great idea.

Old 11-05-2008 | 12:10 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

I have never seen them either but wondered about how they worked. Could someone post a pic with their thoughts?

Old 11-05-2008 | 06:55 PM
mslater741
Road Master

featured in my new Hot Bike Bagger magazine i got today

Old 11-05-2008 | 07:13 PM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

The idea seems good but are they of quality? I would like to see and hear a bike with them on them and see for myself. The proof is in the pudding.

Old 11-05-2008 | 09:06 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member

I don't get it they are behind you, no one is going to hear them except maybe the car sitting traffic next to you; and he's going to think you are an AHOLE for making him listen to your music.

Old 11-06-2008 | 12:19 AM
Street Star Designs
Cruiser

we are featured in the new Hot Bike Baggers magazine....check us out there...and see what they had to say about our products! Also dispatch, when i talked to you on the phone, after we were leaving biketoberfest,i explained the location as to where you drill your hole for the wire to pass was entirely up the the you the consumer.. I suggest that your bring the wire in from the side, but it is your decision. And as far as quality goes, i can give you plenty of references from customers that love our set-ups and would recomend them to anyone. We even had a customer come down and meet us at biketoberfest that was helping us sell our products. So just give me a call if you have anymore questions.

Old 11-06-2008 | 01:07 AM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Street Star Designs
we are featured in the new Hot Bike Baggers magazine....check us out there...and see what they had to say about our products! Also dispatch, when i talked to you on the phone, after we were leaving biketoberfest,i explained the location as to where you drill your hole for the wire to pass was entirely up the the you the consumer.. I suggest that your bring the wire in from the side, but it is your decision. And as far as quality goes, i can give you plenty of references from customers that love our set-ups and would recomend them to anyone. We even had a customer come down and meet us at biketoberfest that was helping us sell our products. So just give me a call if you have anymore questions.
Yes, I remember. I would just like to see and hear them on a bike to help make my decision.