Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I hadn't bought the 08

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:26 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Huh? They're putting a color matched fairing on an Ultra? Don't they come with them? I'm confused.

I bought the Black Ice/Blue Ice Street Glide and it's a head turner for sure. It draws crowds every time I stop. People ask me who did the paint, and I say it's just stock. They don't believe me.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:34 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

As to what blueride is saying, I have to agree, partially. Being a bit on the short side, I have a problem standing up the 2009 Ultra. My dealer has demo days on Saturdays and I didn't have that problem with the 2008s. The extra width does seem to make the 09s feel taller. I've been on previous year SGs too and have been able to plant both feet on the ground at a stop. Now my heels are up just a bit on both sides. This is with the stock seat. I'll be getting the Sundowner to replace it. Once I'm moving the ride is great and I like the ABS brakes. All said and done, my new SG is the most fun I've ever had on a bike. I don't want to get off.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Huh? They're putting a color matched fairing on an Ultra? Don't they come with them? I'm confused.
Ultra's don't have color matched inner fairings, stock black. Only the SE's come with them. Looks awesome with the color matched inner fairing.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:43 AM
hdcrazy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAWG,
How does the inner fairing look? I have a Black Ice/ Blue Ice Ultra coming next week and want to order the color matched inner fairing. Any chance on getting an pic of the inner fairing?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:08 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by hdcrazy
DAWG,
How does the inner fairing look? I have a Black Ice/ Blue Ice Ultra coming next week and want to order the color matched inner fairing. Any chance on getting an pic of the inner fairing?
It looks awesome. I don't work at HD till Tuesday again and I'll snap a photo then for you. The only thing with the painted inner fairing it made the radio look sorta aftermarket so I would suggest that if you do it put on either the skull or the bar/shield radio face plate to brighten up the radio a bit. That and along with the chrome gauge bezels would look really good on it. Also grab the chrome center plate for the wrap around light bar and replace the black one. I held one up to the tourpak on it and that really set it off also.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Ahhh..........gotcha. I missed the 'inner' part. Thanks.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:12 AM
hdcrazy
Advanced

Thanks Dawg,
Pics of the bike and inner fairing would be great. I agree w/ you on your comments about the chrome needed.
Thanks again for the assist.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Yo Dawg......The way I see it we are here for a finite amount of time, and when you think about it......it is not long at all that we are given a chance to do the things we love to do, and go the places that we want to go.

If you ask me life is just way too short, and uncertain for me not to enjoy each and every to the fullest. I for one have to thank God for all the good things in my life.....I am very fortunate.

If you can afford to buy a sweet looking 09' and thats what you want....dont waist any more time...just go and put your name on the papers. If your in love with your 08'.....heck keep that one to. Its only money....and money comes and goes. God willing you can always make enough money when you need it, but how many chances do we get to do the things we love?

BTW:.....I got a boat load of MOCO stock, so I love to see new units roll off the floor.....just kidding!

Old 11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'09 is more bulk, more weight, more heat to the right leg, higher seat position, lower mpg, less ground clearance when loaded.....but oh yeah, you get a fatter rear tire with all that!

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 11-09-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:55 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a lot of '08 touring bike owners find next to impossible to give out kudos to the '09 models? I have yet to hear of any '09 owners wishing they'd purchased the '08. Just sayin'. Not wanting to stir any chit. Subject has been beaten to death.

Hey, they're all good...they're friggin' Harleys!

Quick Reply: If I hadn't bought the 08