Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Keys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 08:10 AM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes me wanna cry. I remember a trip from my childhood where my daddy drove us all to the keys, then turned around and drove back! We lived near Chattanooga, TN, so it must have been quite a drive. I vaguely remember the trip, but it's one of those ingrained memories that needs completion. My wife and I talked about a Keys trip. This makes me want to leave now. I need to get these silly kids out of college and gainfully employed. Thanks for the pics. Way cool.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:11 AM
dalv
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Boat

Disney in port

Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 AM
dalv
Intermediate
Default Two Beauties!

My lovely bride of 28 years (disregard the mustache - it's really a shadow from the antennae..really...no kidding...honest, crap I hope she doesn't see this!)

And my dream not yet realized but it will!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 AM
dalv
Intermediate
Default Make time

Hey Pastor,
Glad you enjoyed sharing our trip. We loved the comment on the kids and college $$$$ as we can relate completely. One done the other still has 2 years = $60K...let's see, that would be (3) HD's! No matter, they are the most important thing as you know so I'm willing to wait for my new bike.

In the meantime, I still ride my old '78 Yammy XS750 Special that I bought new..

I had the time of my life with the best thing that ever happened to me (Susie).

The Ultra was awesome, wanna try a RoadGlide for comparison as my Yammy has had a Windjammer frame mount fairing on it since new so I am used to it. From what I'm told the Roadie is great to ride. Plan on renting when the weather warms up (it was 9* here this morning at our place in upstate NY! - I wanna go back to Key West!)

So when time and money permit, take the trip - you won't regret it! Enjoy and ride safe.

Dal

Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 AM
flgator529
Tourer

Glad you got to see some of the real florida! You now have had the best conch fritters in the world my advise is do not order them any were else you will be disappointed. Lazy Day is a nice place also, there is a wreck about 2 miles off of it that I fish every year. What did you think of the um um um PEOPLE at sunset at Mallory Square?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:42 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like a great trip, have fun. But man, you are going to have a tough time getting back on your '78 Yamaha after riding a new UC.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 AM
dalv
Intermediate

Gator: you suggestions were right on - point taken on the fritters. Mallory was.. interesting. The night the cruise ship was in port was carzy crowded as they let them loose. Fortunately, it was not a great sunset as there were clouds hanging low at the horizon. Next night was great as in the pic.

Pete: agreed...only immediate issue is the 9* temp so I can't ride anything! Hopefully by the time spring rolls around I will have forgotten the Ultra (yeah right!). Either way, I love my Yammy and when there is a HD sitting next to her in the barn I still will. Like my bride - after 30 years can't even think about trading her in!

I'm a tried and true Yankee, love the change in seasons, fall foliage and the NorthEast but I have to admit as i get older (51 and counting) the warm weather and longer riding/boating/fishing season is awful tempting!! I would love to be able to head south to ride longer.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Check out the Coral Castle in Homestead that this little dude from Lithuania...100 lbs at the most built by himself. He lifted slabs of coral that weighed 30 tons and more just with primitve block and tackle and chisels. I haven't been there yet, but I plan to some day.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:46 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Great write up and pics. Glad ya'll had a good time. Next time you'll get your sail.

...and Lazy Days really is a terrific restaurant.

Quick Reply: The Keys!!!!