Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Keys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 AM
dalv
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fishin'

Me having a blast while fighting the big one. First mate Barry Jr in the background worked his butt off to get us fish on a tough day due to the wind - along with Captain James - 6th generation Key Wester - really knows the water.

I would highly recommend the "Eva Marie" - 43' Sport fisher runs out of the main dock downtown. Barry's Dad (Sr.) owns the boat and they are fantastic guys...if your in the area go to Key West Bait and Tackle which they also own and line up a trip for up to 6 people. When I get a chance to return - I'm going out for a full day - we only fished 1/2 day this time but still caught fish. Sailfish and Marlin on the next one!

Old 11-23-2008, 10:34 AM
dalv
Intermediate
Default Closing Shot

Don't want to overdo it so one final shot of a beautiful place and trip. Still giddy from the experience and thankful for my wonderful wife of many years that is always willing to ride along in my dreams. Meeting up with my brother who I don't get to see enough as we live so far apart, and Cathy his wonderful companion only made it better.

If I remained so blessed with my health, we plan on more of these excursions over the coming years - out west, Canada, Blue Ridge, and wherever we find interesting. Both of my boys ride, although neither is 25 yet - minimum age to rent. When they can, or if they own, I hope to make it a family ride...it couldn't get any better!

Later friends.. until we meet, ride safe.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:52 AM
flgator529
Tourer

I'm going to miss you man.LOL

Old 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GREAT pics man and I bet you enjoyed those Mahi. Glad y'all had a good trip.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by dalv
Thanks to all that showed interest. We returned Friday night from a memorable 1200mi trip.

Day 6: 11/19 Wednesday departure - Rt 1 off the Keys (what else?) and took Rt 42 W to Naples. Saw a bunch of gators along the road on the banks of the stream. Naples is fantastic - thru Ft Meyers and up to Punta Gorda for the night. Longest day on the road. Ciao
Glad you had a great trip. Every motorcycle rider should experience the ride to Key West on a H-D. We did this same ride last year over to Naples also after leaving the Keys but I believe it is actually Rt 41 which maybe is the original "Aligator Alley". It was a pretty lonely ride and we made one of the air boat ride stops near one of the Indian reservations (I guess they are called reservations).