Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide vs. Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 PM
FireWalker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide vs. Road Glide

Not trying to start a war here but currently i'm on a 08 Fat Bob and while I like the bike, the type of riding overall i do between back and forth to work and long day rides to riding to the beach or the Keys, what is the best bike. I like the look of the Road Glide and the Street glide the same. I read about the problems with the vibration problems in the fairing of the SG on another thread but i will be getting a 09 after the first of the year. I here that the RG is better on the highway especially around a lot of wind turbulence (a.k.a big trucks) but anything is better than the little windshield i have on the fat bob and have done 5 and 6 hr. trips only stopping for gas while that was still better than riding in the 4 wheel cage. Any first hand insight would be great and appriciated. I rode a buddies 08 street glide and other than the crazy fairing shake at idle, i loved it, which is why im looking at getting an 09. Thanks for any info.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely the SG, RG's are super ugly.

Bat wing FTW!!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Test ride them both, I did and was sold on the Street Glide. After a few test rides, I purchased the Road Glide. Road Glides are not only better at highway speeds, it's also more nimble at slow speeds because you don't have all the added weight of the fairing on the forks like the Street Glide.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

do not test ride or purchase a RG they are just plain ugly

Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like your mind is already made up. Good Choice!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Street Glide for streets (bar hopping, looking cool), Road Glide for the road (ride all day at high speed without getting beaten up). The Road Glide looks pretty cool with a short windshield, too, so you could sway them as needed.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't get a Road Glide . . . it will spoil you too much.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
FireWalker
Novice

Im 5'8 and don't believe in changing the suspension setup, like lowering the rear with 1 inch blocks, that was major concern. i sit flat footed on the RG and i know the SG has certain styling things I like. I thought about if needed a lower seat. The RG is a love it or hate it look, but im the type that goes against the grain so the look between the two are not a big deal. The RG has cruise standared and passenger floorboards so color is the only option since i like the secruity system and riding long enough on every bike on the planet that i am not sold on ABS. So far consensus is for ride quality is the RG, right! Im sold on Harley's, over sport bikes and BMW's for ride and overall it seems that the RG is the way to go for comfort? Thanks for all the input, keep it coming, it makes the decision easier.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
C17MSGT
Intermediate
Default SG or RG

Sold my 06 SG last week. I will be on my new SE RG on the 26th of Nov. One test ride on the RG sold me.

MAXX

Old 11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
FireWalker
Novice

Thanks, its making it a bit easier. If the time why going from the 06 SG to a RG. Thanks

Quick Reply: Street Glide vs. Road Glide