Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Fix for Touring Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by dswansbiker
The wobble is perfectly acceptable for 90%+ of the riders out there. In fact the great majority of guys I know riding pre 09 touring bikes are oblivious to the trait because they ride slow and easy. Why fix it if it isn't broke!
Quite right! They are also the wise ones that don't read internet forums!

I have fitted stabilizer kits to two of my bikes, my Glide and Dyna. My other recent bikes, two Buells and a Sporty, all came from the factory with stabilizer kits installed. So there IS something in this, but the heaviest bikes, which would most benefit, come less than perfect.

My experience is that stabilizers improve the bike from the moment the bike starts rolling. They are worth fitting to get better tighter steering at all speeds, as well as improved handling at speed.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
I own an 08 Ultra. Not my first bike and probably not my last. I am also more of a reader than a poster when it comes to these forums. I read about the "wobble" and the fixes for it, so I decided to sign up on the forum and post my thoughts. Isn't that what this forum is for? My question is legitimate and it was respectfully asked.
If your more of a reader than a poster than here's some related reading info for you;

http://search.yahoo.com/mobile/s?rew...c=310&pmnc=410

Last edited by roadhog96; 07-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Johnsmithdavis
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shut your @@@$&&%$ mouth i got a 2012 switchback that wobble all day long and harley refuse to fix it those bastards blame it on me. I am a retired soldier who fight for you b@#$% so you can ride around the country free of terrorism. Can i get at least a safe riding motorcycle?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:04 AM
ndmp40
Advanced

Originally Posted by tombeving
I have an 05 Ultra with 30,000 miles on it and I have never noticed a wobble in curves or anywhere else. In our group there are 5 others that have Ultras, and they have never mentioned it either. If my bike has a wobble it's not worth worrying about.

I own three touring bikes right now- a 04 EG standard, a 2010 EG classic, and a 2011 Ultra Classic. And I have owned several more previously.
After over 100,000 miles on these bikes, not one wobble.

I am not saying that it doesnt exist,but I often wonder why I have never experienced it.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ndmp40
I own three touring bikes right now- a 04 EG standard, a 2010 EG classic, and a 2011 Ultra Classic. And I have owned several more previously.

I am not saying that it doesnt exist,but I often wonder why I have never experienced it.
There are many features about our bikes that different owners have different experiences with. Some get of us on fine with the stock seat, while others don't; some of us don't like the shocks, but others are happy as can be! The same applies to handling and the infamous wobble. If you are happy with your bike ride on and enjoy it!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:53 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ndmp40

My guess would be (a) you maintain your bikes well, and (b) you know how to ride.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 AM
rickss69
Stellar HDF Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnsmithdavis
Shut your @@@$&&%$ mouth i got a 2012 switchback that wobble all day long and harley refuse to fix it those bastards blame it on me. I am a retired soldier who fight for you b@#$% so you can ride around the country free of terrorism. Can i get at least a safe riding motorcycle?
As a former Marine I would like to apologize for the most moronic post I have seen for some time...yeah, I said it and meant every word.

I grew up among WWII and Viet-Nam vets and never recall once hearing any of them spout off nonsense like they were owed anything by anyone. You make your own decisions in life for your own reasons...conduct yourself with a little humility and pride.

Last edited by rickss69; 08-30-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnsmithdavis
Damn dude, as ex-military myself I gotta say you need to find a new forum. It looks like you have issues that have nothing to do with Harley, this forum or anyone on it. I don't know what experience you had in the military, but no one on this forum did anything to you. You only have 6 posts, did you join so you would have someone to hate?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:17 AM
packo
Stage IV
Default 08 sg wobble

i have an 08 sg and have only owned it for approx 4 months it is my 6th harley. i am a mature safety concious rider. i purchased my glide in sydney and rode it home to brisbane,it had 7000 klms on the clock and was in pristine condition. when ridden at around 120 kph on sweepers it wobbles considerably (enough to warrant backing the throttle off) i know this is above the posted limit but i expected a bike of this caliber to at least be capable to achieve this speed (regardless of wether it is legal in my state or country for that matter) and feel stable. i can assure you all this is a fair dinkum issue with my bike ,i have brand new factory spec dunlops ,tire pressure ,engine allignment,steering head bearings,air shock pressures, dealer checked and all items are a.o.k. -still weaving around 120 on sweepers ! i tried adding more than the reccommended 0-15 psi in the shocks (35 psi) and it is a little better but still there. i will be upgrading the suspension and fitting a true trac along with a billet top yoke.untill then ill just ride accordingly and continue to be disgusted that a big dollar top of the line cruiser is unsafe at 120 kph .if your similar model doesnt experience the dreaded wobble ,consider yourself lucky,but dont discount the fact that my and obviously many other guys do have this problem. ive only just joined the forum and i know this topic has been flogged to death but i had to throw in my two bobs worth as i couldnt believe some guys are disputing the wobble or trying to blame poor maintainance etc. anyhow thats my bit........ride safe and remember-rubber side down guys.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You brought back a 3 1/2 year old thread to tell a guy he's full of ****?? Really???
+1 on that. There have been a rash of these thread revivals lately. Some people are cluless.

Shakey

Quick Reply: Free Fix for Touring Wobble