Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006 | 06:30 PM
Segerfan
|
Advanced
Default Which handlebars

Hello,
I'm new to the forums so please bear with me. I'm kind of a short guy and wonder what would be the best handlebar choice for me other than the stock ones on my new FLHRCI. I took all the crap apart in the headlight area to move the stock ones around the other day,but never could get them to the point where they were more comfortable. I would like to get bars that I don't have to change cables,but will come back toward me a little more than the stock ones. Any suggestions?

Thanks,Perry

Old 04-04-2006 | 06:59 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Default RE: Which handlebars

I am also a short guy (5'5") and have an RK Custom. I love the way these handlebars come back to me so I dont have to stretch forward. Also a lot of guys like the Reach bars that HD makes.

Old 04-05-2006 | 07:46 PM
wglindsay
Cruiser

I am 5'8" and hated the stock handlebars. I bought the H/D Reachback handlebar and mounted it so the grips are as low as possible. I just love the feel and eliminated all back, shoulder, wrist and elbow discomfort. A friend of mine installed the Chubby's which grip more like a beach bar and loves them. I just was not sure I liked the position of the grips so I went another direction.

If you are around a bunch of bikes sit on RKC's with different handlebars and see what you like.

Old 04-05-2006 | 09:03 PM
Blue
Advanced

I have a set of RK Custom bars for sale, I'm also in IL
Gene

Old 04-06-2006 | 04:50 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

Take a look at the HD High bars for Road King! I had these on my '02 RKC and they were perfect for me. I'm 5'8" and was able to reach the bars without any discomfort! Plus, I didn't have to change any cables or brake line. The link is below.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Good luck!

ORIGINAL: Segerfan

Hello,
I'm new to the forums so please bear with me. I'm kind of a short guy and wonder what would be the best handlebar choice for me other than the stock ones on my new FLHRCI. I took all the crap apart in the headlight area to move the stock ones around the other day,but never could get them to the point where they were more comfortable. I would like to get bars that I don't have to change cables,but will come back toward me a little more than the stock ones. Any suggestions?

Thanks,Perry

Old 04-06-2006 | 05:46 PM
byrdi
Advanced

How much for the bars???
ORIGINAL: Blue

I have a set of RK Custom bars for sale, I'm also in IL
Gene

Old 04-06-2006 | 06:12 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

One of my riding buddies, who is short and rides a RoadKing, got a set of WideGlide bars and we installed them on his RK. We used all the stock cables, wiring, & brake lines.

It was so comfortable, I installed a set on my 02 RoadGlide. 40k miles later, I have installed a set on my new 05 RoadGlide.

They are very comfortable and cheap to install. Seems like ~ $49.00 TOTAL!

Old 04-06-2006 | 08:02 PM
Blue
Advanced

byrdi, I'd be more than willing to trade you the bars for your biker chick....

Old 04-06-2006 | 10:34 PM
reefteach
Tourer

I'm 5'7". I love the Reduced Reach Bars. They say you need the wire extension, but if you DIY, you don't.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8959/1485E2BC40D8443199AF6C86C11D684E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8959/21C74124DD1648178054CF22FC3DE8B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-07-2006 | 07:40 PM
dforeid
Road Captain

Try the Heritage bars. They are taller and come more towards you. I love mine. They are two varieties.. the Heritage and the Heritage Chrome, get the Chrome ones. The others are SS and aren't as shiny. Also, no cable swaps needed at all, just the bars and a couple hours. Also, make sure you have a manual, it will help you with the Nacelle removal as well as the hand controls.

Quick Reply: Which handlebars