Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian Price Increases - Potential

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beattle55
The Deeley organization was one of the thirteen that bought HD back from AMF, and part of the deal was that they got the rights to Canada. I am quite sure that Deeley Canada still owns a large stake in HD MOCO.
I wasn't aware that Deeley was part of the AMF buyout, but it does make sense that a deal was cut along those lines since the Deeley family is no longer involved and the agreement still lives. Deeley was one of the few initial HD dealers, and I believe the 1st one in Canada. (est. 1917?) and Trev Deeley did sit on the Harley board of directors.

On a side note...the dealer I visited today up here is selling bikes like there's no tomorrow.

CN

Old 11-30-2008, 06:59 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Company I work for bought an established plant in Scarborough 3 years ago and I have been there 20 plus weeks a year since. Heading back up tomorrow AM for the week!

I know our folks up there have been giddy about the exchange being favorable the last year, really feel sorry for you all if this kind of increase is happening. Seems like it is more then just the exchange difference?!

Maybe if they start to sit for a few months on inventory the dealers will find a way to make them move again. Sounds like if someone was on the fence.......now would be a good time to hop off the fence and on a bike!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:23 AM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default prices went up what a surprise

I see they finally went up 10%, I was actually expecting 20 since I got charged 30% on a visa transaction the other day. I am sure they will go up again in feb or march unless the dollar drops. I had expected it to rise in oct when the dollar passed the 10% mark. I got a new 2009 ultra in sept . I really wanted to wait until spring but was told if I ordered one the price would be the current price at the time the bike hit the dealer, so if the price went up even though I put money down at the old price it didnt mean jack sh---t.About 5 dealers told me the same thing, if the price went up, sorry but it now costs. after getting royally screwed in 2003 and 2004 then to watch the price drop every year after that as the dollar rose up, I didnt want to wait and get burned again. i look at it this way I just saved 2500 and bet my saving will be up to 5 grand by the spring. the cvo ultra went up 7 grand not 3500 or 10% like regular models. I f you can find what u want at a dealer now with pre december stock and pricing i would scoop it up now.