Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian Price Increases - Potential

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:40 AM
RnR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some clarification. The deposit/March payment deferral applies to bikes already in the dealer's inventory or ones that can be acquired from another dealer. It does not include factory orders where delivery to the dealer happens after any price adjustment. Still having said that NOT all dealers I have talked to will honour current MSRP on current stock if Deeley puts the price up. The good ones will. Those that won't? Well take it as a heads up not to do business with them.
If all goes well I'll have my name on a black Ultra next week. Man it's going to be a long winter. :-)

Hey Softail Girl, being from Ottawa I bet you can guess the dealers that want to pry every last red cent out of the customer. Yep ... all of them.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Beattle55
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matchkatcher
What I would like to know from other canadian HD owners is how Deeley got this monopoly and stranglehold on the importation of American made motorcycles.

Brian
The Deeley organization was one of the thirteen that bought HD back from AMF, and part of the deal was that they got the rights to Canada. I am quite sure that Deeley Canada still owns a large stake in HD MOCO.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by RnR
Hey Softail Girl, being from Ottawa I bet you can guess the dealers that want to pry every last red cent out of the customer. Yep ... all of them.
Well, the 3 of them are owned by the same folks... so no surprise there! P.S. That's where I bought mine in May when there was no changing the price . One reason why I bought a Harley then was because of the drop in price from the '07 to the '08. I guess it's catching up now. Just like the stock market.
Originally Posted by RnR
Man it's going to be a long winter. :-).
What are we going to post on this forum from now on? Recipes? I need to clean my bike one last time and take it to my friend's heated garage for the winter. I had planned to get out for a bit this afternoon but it just started to snow!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Newfie
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I purchased my 07 FLH in 2006 when our Canadian $ was at 66 cents to the US dollar and I paid the increase in price. My 2008 FLHTCU was cheaper then the 07 just because of our dollar, so I believe as our dollar drops Deeley HD is going to increase the price. I'm not a salesman but I would believe him on the expected increases, also that's going to be on parts so even going to the US and I do the same or drive over to a US dealer and install the part there. With our dollar dropping it's going to cost more for that US part or machine...

Old 11-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master
Question

Originally Posted by Newfie
I purchased my 07 FLH in 2006 when our Canadian $ was at 66 cents to the US dollar and I paid the increase in price. My 2008 FLHTCU was cheaper then the 07 just because of our dollar, so I believe as our dollar drops Deeley HD is going to increase the price. I'm not a salesman but I would believe him on the expected increases, also that's going to be on parts so even going to the US and I do the same or drive over to a US dealer and install the part there. With our dollar dropping it's going to cost more for that US part or machine...
Don't know what bank you were using,,, in 2006 Can.$ low was $0.84 u.s.
high was $0.91 u.s.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:58 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

How many folks are going to buy these bikes at newer , higher prices. OK the price will be going up because of our Cnd. dollar, I get it but come on, not many folks are going to be able to afford it. All kinds of goods are down in sales. The bikes are just going to sit on the showroom floor at those prices. I hope they are willing to do some wheeling and dealing come spring time when I get ready to purchase one for me and one for my wife. All trucks are down in sales but you can get a great deal on a new one today so I believe Canadian H-D dealers will have to adjust prices and be willing to make some savings possible for there customers or there bikes will rot on the showroom floor.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:48 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

Sure am glad I live in the States!!! Don't have to worry about the exchange!!! Canada also has some ridiculous laws with their regulations on lighting... another good reason to be in the USA! Good luck with the pricing!!

BM

Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
RnR
Advanced

Originally Posted by ky_ace
Sure am glad I live in the States!!! Don't have to worry about the exchange!!! Canada also has some ridiculous laws with their regulations on lighting... another good reason to be in the USA! Good luck with the pricing!!

BM
You forgot our tax structure! Don't let it happen there. BTW HD Paint Dept? You guys do awesome work.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM
catalac
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My buddy has a Dyna deposit of a grand on an 09 for March pick up from an Alberta dealer. Dealer told him last week he had to take the one they had left off the floor if he wanted the agreed price. He went in a couple days later to buy it and they had sold it a day earlier. Now they are looking for a dealer transfer. Get this, they told him even if the price goes up his thousand is non-refundable, what a bunch of a-holes imo. I figure if they can not get him a dealer transfer he should dispute the deposit with Visa.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ...

Originally Posted by ky_ace

BM
And what would those be?....fill us in.

CN

Quick Reply: Canadian Price Increases - Potential