Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ride with headphones

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone ride with headphones

I was wondering if any of you guys wear headphones while riding? I tried it today and had to have my ipod volume way up....Just wanting to know what some of you are using?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Boostaroo

You need Boostaroo.

Plug mp3 player into one end and headphones into other,

problem solved.

http://www.boostaroo.com/

Or, buy an EGC and add soem Hogtunes.

One's $49, the other is about $20K. Either or will fix the problem.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 PM
ms3300
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like riding with headphones/ear buds. Can't hear what might be coming up behind me. I know it may not apply to those with crazy loud pipes, but my bike is stock, partly because I like to hear if someone is coming up behind me, revving their engine, etc... Just a little safety factor that am uncomfortable without.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:15 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Get the earphones that actually push into your ear. You can hear those better and they fit better under the helmet.

But I agree with ms3300. I only wear them on long trips on the open highway. Around town I like to be able to hear the traffic.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Puzzled
Banned

I run ear buds made by Ear Inc. which are molded ear plugs. They are without a doubt worth the $225.00 they get for them. I have them wired into my stereo and I also have my Ipod wired into my stereo. My radio runs up to a full volume number of 62 (odd) and I generally run at 7-8! As much as you would think that you can't hear things around you that is pure crap. The ear buds knock down the wind noise enough so that I can hear my roller rockers in the motor. Obviously if you have the tunes cranked not only will you not hear, you'll loose your hearing pretty dam quick. Even without the ear buds I wear ear plugs, I even wear ear plugs inside of my full face when riding my sport bike, wind noise is brutal.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
wannabe
Cruiser

I ride with ear buds on most trips, before spending the big bucks try a pair of JVC Marshmallows, they cost like $20.00 at walmart or bestbuy, they have a ear piece like ear plugs, they are made out of foam and not rubber, just squish the end and insert into ear canal and they expand and block out most wind noise and they stay put really well.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
catracho
Road Captain

I always ride with my ipod and the ear buds are from sony.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Originally Posted by wannabe
I ride with ear buds on most trips, before spending the big bucks try a pair of JVC Marshmallows, they cost like $20.00 at walmart or bestbuy, they have a ear piece like ear plugs, they are made out of foam and not rubber, just squish the end and insert into ear canal and they expand and block out most wind noise and they stay put really well.
At that price they are worth trying. If they work decent it would be worth keeping a set in my other bikes.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

...oh, and when someone tells you it's illegal or unsafe to listen to your tunes when you're riding, and that they have quiet pipes because it's soooo important to hear when the big bad soccer mom is coming up behind you, ...tell them to get a life, where maybe they're not everyones mother and jump back in the Buick, cause it's so much safer.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

If I'm gonna be on the highway I wear my headphones/ipod. I have a pair of Skull Candy ear buds that have rubber pieces that go in your ears. I still find that to over come the wind noise on the highway I have it up pretty loud. But I also wear a beanie helmet and have a dyna with no windshield...for now

Quick Reply: Anyone ride with headphones