Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated riding wear

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:29 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Heated riding wear

Has anyone got any experience with Blackjack heated jackets?

Old 11-02-2008, 06:27 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Cool

Just like a rookie who is new to this site, I perhaps asked a too specific question. Let me rephrase....does anyone besides me in the land of the chosen frozen wear either heated vests or jacket liners? Do they work well? Thank you and I think its great to be on this site and exchange viewpoints.

Mike in Northern Ontario, Canada

Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike you might search "heated clothes" and you will find lots of info. I search a few days ago and my HD heated clothes are on the Fedex truck as we speak. Hope this help and good luck

Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a heated vest, that's it for electric stuff. The key for me was to have good gauntlet gloves to keep air from coming up the sleeves and a good air seal around the neck. I wear a FXRG jacket. The vest is from HD with the temperature control. So far the coldest I have ridden for an extended time is 35 degrees F. Rode for 3 hours before it started to get warmer. Stayed warm!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ...

Yup....I have had a Blackjack heated vest for almost 5 years. Good item and inexpensive. I never ride without taking it with me, which is more than I can say about the Gerbings jacket liner and my Kanetsu Air-Vantage vest I also own. It is lightweight, works real well, and I often wear it without plugging it in. I'd suggest a vest over a jacket liner unless the jacket you wear over top of it doesn't bind up the sleeves on a liner.

For those of you wondering what a 'Blackjack' brand vest is...they are a Canadian made brand that can be found at just about ANY motorcycle or snow machine dealer up here. The vest is quilted, real thin, lightweight, packs up real small, and works like a hot dam*. They run about $100 USD. Their jacket liner costs very little more. The manufacturer is based in Errington on Vancouver Island up here in B.C. The reason I like mine is I can wear it over a long-sleeve shirt under a leather jacket like it's not even there. If the ride cools down a bit I just switch it on.

CN

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Has anyone got any experience with Blackjack heated jackets?

Last edited by Comfortably Numb; 11-02-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:31 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

thanks for the info guys. I have a Blackjack jacket liner on the way to the dealer as I write.