Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle tow behind trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008 | 07:08 PM
Avmech97
Road Master
Thumbs up

I have a TNT Motocorp cargo trailer that I have been using for a little over 2 years and have found it to be a great trailer. It has been pulled up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Cherohala Skyway & on a couple of roads that imho made the Dragon look tame with little or no issues. Their web site is www.tntmotocorp.com.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle tow behind trailer-img000.jpg  

Last edited by Avmech97; 12-19-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2008 | 07:38 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Wecroft
registered/tagged, and a title would cost me about $150 or so plus my time to sue the state and get a court order for a title (that's just how we do it here).

That's pretty focked up. I built my trailer from scratch and the only hoops I had to jump thru here in the Republic of Maryland was to submit two photos (side and rear views) to get a VIN the after having it inspected ($5) I applied for and recieved a Title and Plates.
Georgia is even slacker than that. had no certificate of origin (long story ) no bill of sale,no inspection, nothing they dont title home built trailers which I convenced them it was since I modified it. but they let me use the Harbor frieght vin since it was allready on. just give them $20.00 out the door.

Old 12-19-2008 | 09:24 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, I'm building a car from scratch, so I'm quite familiar with the law/rules here in AR. I had to sue the state for the title on my car. I went pro-se. It was a learning experience, to say the least. Doing the same thing for a MC trailer was feasable, but a PITA, so the HF trailer was worth the money for the title alone. I need to start putting it together. But it's cold outside....

Old 12-20-2008 | 08:54 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer

Dr. Hess,
Wanted to show you what I had in the trailer. Also had a small tote cooler at the front. We left all of the bags empty on the bike, kept wife's purse and rain gear in trunk. That left us room to bring back lots of T shirts in the side bags As far as pulling a $150.00 trailer with a $20,000 bike, if you follow all of the advice on the Delphi forumhttp://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing/start
you should not have any problems. These HF home builts have been towed thousands of miles. Good luck on your project.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle tow behind trailer-dsc01685-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-20-2008 | 10:54 AM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Avmech97
Does this look familiar?

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle tow behind trailer-dsc01849.jpg  
Old 12-20-2008 | 01:44 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks, DRAFT1. Yeah, that's about how much stuff I need to bring. We bring that now on 2 bikes, with most of it on mine. It's always a bit of a challenge getting out of my driveway and getting used to the different ballance point.

Old 12-20-2008 | 09:48 PM
bosco 09
Tourer

here's a link to about any trailer you can think of.

http://aerobourne.com/motorcycletrailerindex9.htm

Old 12-20-2008 | 10:41 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by TheShrink
http://www.piggybacker.com/

Excellent for the money.

Thats what I bought. Pulls great no bouncing But it is wired for a four way flat plug. I went to Electricial Connection and bought the geezo that converts it to a five wire

Old 12-20-2008 | 11:12 PM
olbagr
Cruiser

Bushtec or Tailwind are probably best if you have that kind of money to spend on a trailer that you might haul around twice a year. Piggybacker would be my choice if I was to buy one for limited use. I have a trailer in the shed that I haven't pulled for two years. An old junker painted almost to match with a rattle can. Fashion police be damned , I refuse to spend several hundred dollars to paint to match. Best advice here on this thread was to invest in a good hitch. There again Bushtec makes the best hitch I have ran across. Over engineered and bullet proof.

Old 12-21-2008 | 05:33 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

I've been pulling a trailer since 98, I wouldn't leave home without it, just too damm convenient...I like having all my stuff with me. I can pack for just about any weather condition, have a cooler with me, chairs for hanging out, different helmets etc....plus the wife can shop and we have plenty of room....get where we're going, unhook the trailer and lock it up at the hotel....sweet.

As for trailer brands and cost...I agree it's tough to invest 5000.00 plus for something you are going to use 5 times a year....but I look at it as a investment. I started out with a Time Out dart, got it for 1500.00....used it with 5 different bikes, painted it to match each time....looks are important to me, why I ride a Harley.....I now have a Bushtec GL.....love it. I bought it used ( pulled all of 500 miles)....for the price I paid I can use it for several years and get all my investment back ( like buying a Harley)....investment.

I would get the best that I could afford, I have found that having one with us on trips is great......and safer. I used to over pack the bike and the bike was unstable ( top heavy)...now, it's balanced and easy to handle....

It's your choice, I would look around and buy a used one, I think most will find that a trailer is a great accessory and makes life easy. There are some nice ones out there....check eBay, even the Goldwing forum for deals....winter time is the time to buy.....

Quick Reply: Motorcycle tow behind trailer