Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations - Brake Light Modulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:02 AM
WannaBuy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kisan Tailblazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:49 AM
bfreesun
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lazybee
Kisan Trailblazer. Easy as changing the bulb.
Definitely the easiest solution. Wouldn't be without it. too many peole getting run into.

Sorry I didn't see you

Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the signaldynamics unit. I got the one that will run both LED's and regular lights at the same time. It has 2 modes. Just cut the brake wire and add it between the 2 ends.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:14 AM
duffey11
Advanced

If you want plug and play, 5 minutes install, go with Kuryakyn. I you want to be seen and want it for safety, go with Custom Dynamics LED and Strobe. My tail lights are so bright that no one wants to ride behind me. The strobe is awsome.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Another vote for the Kisan Tailblazer
Thanks! That'll make a nice Christmas Gift from someone in my family To ME!! (Plug and Play, I like that!)

Old 11-01-2008, 08:13 AM
coriell43
Advanced
Default brake light

had it on my 04 king will add 09 glide

Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 AM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the Kuryakyn module and LED's all the way around. The only thing I didn't use was there load equalizers. I used the Badlands equalizer because it's solid state and no heat is created. Don't need my bike going up in flames with the ceramic ones ( the Kuryakyn ones do get hot).

Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM
fritz982
Advanced
Default brake light modulators

if you don't mind a change in conversation here, probably all the products are effective. But, I'm not all that sure brake light modulators, are really that effective. There was an issue for a number years ago about front light modulators on how well they worked. come to find out in one particular case, they were an absolute disaster. That particular instance is dealing with drunk drivers. Seems that the this headlight set up seems to attract a collision with drunk drivers into motorcycles. It's much the same as the moth is drawn to a flame, they don't seem to care about the danger it or just attracted to it. The very same reason, squad cars and police vehicles have different variants in the light bar construction now! For me personally seen a number of collisions and lost one friend from being hit from behind. One thing I've discovered, that with just one brake light it offers very little depth of field especially in darkness. In other words people have real limited depth perception on how far they are from a motorcycle was just one tail light or brake light.also just one tail light among many in a group of cars, doesn't seem to help matters either. Its way I've mounted on, and extra assesory light bar, and turned my turn signals into combination stop lights and turn signals. My accessory light bar lenses also have blue dots in them,( being an accessory as it is it's legal in my state.) And virtually every time I stop and wait for signal such, I make it a habit to pump my brakes just to make them flash. All of this is just something to think about.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

One of the same reasons I don't think I want a Headlight Modulator on my bike either. I'm afraid someone will take the flashing front light to mean ("OK, I see you want to come out, yes, please come out I'll give right of way to you"). Anyway, that's what flashing your headlight often means to many people. I'll rely on having two headlights on and I will flash them manually to high beam if I think I need extra visibility. besides, I've seen MCs on the road with modulating headlights and it looks annoying to me...

Old 11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
One of the same reasons I don't think I want a Headlight Modulator on my bike either. I'm afraid someone will take the flashing front light to mean ("OK, I see you want to come out, yes, please come out I'll give right of way to you"). Anyway, that's what flashing your headlight often means to many people. I'll rely on having two headlights on and I will flash them manually to high beam if I think I need extra visibility. besides, I've seen MCs on the road with modulating headlights and it looks annoying to me...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive the Headlight Modulator is only allowed to modulate during the daylight hours. Something like 40 states allow it. There is suppose to be a light sensor that cancels out the modulating in the evening. Haven't really looked in depth into it.

As far as the quick flash on the brake lights. A buddy of mine was following me when I was making a right turn and hit the brakes and he said he was confused for a split second on which way I was turning. I shut that down to normal. My LED's are bright enough now and I quick tap the brakes when not turning.

Quick Reply: Recommendations - Brake Light Modulator