Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heating Element for Stock Ultra Seat???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:16 AM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Heating Element for Stock Ultra Seat???

Anyone out there in HD land done this change? I have been checking out Ebay for a used SunRay heated seat for my '07 Ultra, but it appears there are several companies out there that sell thermostat controlled or two position heat elements to go under the covering on a stock seat, and these are at a fraction of the cost of even a used seat. Looking for someone who might have been there, done that and what are the recommendations? Thanks, PACO

Old 10-31-2008, 08:49 AM
ClutchCargopa
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I made the switch on an 07 RoadKing, with an Ultra seat. Had a company called Butt Buffers install gel into the stock seat, had it lowered one inch while he had it apart I added heating elemants as well. The job took about 30 minutes and I was back on the road and very comfortable. This winter as I am riding I find no need for heated pants as soft lowers and the heated seat keep me warm. I also add a jacket liner for those 30 degree days. The company is in Ephrata Pa and as mention called Butt Buffer. You can ship your seat to him, and he will do a quick turn around in a few days.