Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking the plunge on an '09

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Taking the plunge on an '09

Yep, I will be buying an '09 Street Glide this month (Nov). Will be paying cash for it...hope I get a good deal. This will be my 3rd new Harley in one year (same dealer). LOL

I'm pretty excited. I'm gonna build it just like the one I have now...same color and everything. Will do different wheels, probably PM, they will be black though. Not sure which engine build...SE 110" or an HQ 107", will be one or the other.

Curious what pipes are out there for the '09. I love my T-Rex pipes, hate to see them go.

Man, I cant wait. Be looking for my current SG to be on sale after I get a little maintenance done on it.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm very envious, not of the bike but the fact you're that financially solvent. I know I should have done something other than being a Soldier all my life. Oh well, the medical benefits are more than worth it.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

3rd bike in one year? paying cash for the 09? all the mods done to the 08? Need any long lost relatives that you wanna give some money to?

Old 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by gunner11
I'm very envious, not of the bike but the fact you're that financially solvent. I know I should have done something other than being a Soldier all my life. Oh well, the medical benefits are more than worth it.
LOL 18yrs in the Navy here. 2-6 more years (or more depending on making rank) and my tolerance.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by dawg
3rd bike in one year? paying cash for the 09? all the mods done to the 08? Need any long lost relatives that you wanna give some money to?
The first one was an '08 Fat Bob bought last Nov. I really didn't take a hit on it when I sold it because they were a hot seller here in SoCal and it didn't have many mods.

I will take a little hit on this bike if I sell it for what I want. No biggie. LOL

Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
2swild
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take a look at vance and hines website. they just came out with head pipes they are calling them a "power dual"

Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
johnkn
Tourer

Not sure what the benefit of those would be over the stock headpipes. Minimal at most...

Old 10-30-2008, 08:32 PM
OldDog
Cruiser

Did the same; except went for a Classic. Had the good fortune of being laid off 1 month after I was planning to retire. Blowing a chunk of my lay off money.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
RenoRainesRenegade
Cruiser

I was going to get an Ultra in two or three years but then I saw the custom color for April/May, "big purple flake/brilliant silver." Purple is my favorite color. They had "purple haze" last year as a custom color, but it was just that one color, so I passed. As far as I can tell, this big purple flake is a bit different than the purple haze but still is attractive. With stock wheels, security, ABS, no trade, tax, title, etc. the out-the-door price at one dealer would be $25,804 and the other would be about $400 less. As this would be my last bike, I am seriously considering pulling the trigger. I have a bit of time before I have to let one of them know that I want it. New frame, ABS, Brembo brakes, rerouted exhaust, rear cylinder shutoff, bigger rubber: it's hard to imagine what the Motor Company could change in the next few years that would make that much difference to me. A bigger engine wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. Even with the times, I don't see Harley actually dropping prices any time soon.
I think the road gods are telling me to go for it.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2swild
take a look at vance and hines website. they just came out with head pipes they are calling them a "power dual"
Ehh...thanks for the info, but I'm not a big V&H guy. They would be last resort even over some slip-ons.

Quick Reply: Taking the plunge on an '09