Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking the plunge on an '09

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by OldDog
Did the same; except went for a Classic. Had the good fortune of being laid off 1 month after I was planning to retire. Blowing a chunk of my lay off money.
LOL Glad you did what makes you happy OldDog!!!!!

The '09 keeps eating at me and I keep saying I'm happy with my '08 but...obviously not. My family just told me to go get the '09 and get it over with. So I'm gonna.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brypink
Yep, I will be buying an '09 Street Glide this month (Nov). Will be paying cash for it...hope I get a good deal. This will be my 3rd new Harley in one year (same dealer). LOL

I'm pretty excited. I'm gonna build it just like the one I have now...same color and everything. Will do different wheels, probably PM, they will be black though. Not sure which engine build...SE 110" or an HQ 107", will be one or the other.

Curious what pipes are out there for the '09. I love my T-Rex pipes, hate to see them go.

Man, I cant wait. Be looking for my current SG to be on sale after I get a little maintenance done on it.
Didn't you just get done doing the audio on this bike? Man, must be nice............. Did you install the PAC piece? Have any tips, pics?

Also, wanna sell any parts off the '08?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Didn't you just get done doing the audio on this bike? Man, must be nice............. Did you install the PAC piece? Have any tips, pics?

Also, wanna sell any parts off the '08?
Nope, never got around to installing the PAC...not going to now.

Nope, everything is going with the '08...not selling anything off of it, nor taking off for the '09.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now that you've had time to make the decision on the '09, what's the reason for selling such a new and loaded 08?

Is it the new frame design? That's about the main difference I can see in the 09 vs what you stated in the 08's description and the fact that you just got through modding the 08 to what you wanted.

I'm asking because I've been looking at barely used high quality bikes (Road King Classic) but have not pulled the trigger yet. I also have cash-in-hand and for me to fork out approx 23K+ on a new 09, I'd like to be quite sure of this decision.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Isshinryu
Tourer

I rode the 09 touring line and I thought it was outstanding. By far the best bike HD has ever built. I like the FLHX best.

I have an 06 in perfect condition and I love it. If I had the extra cash I would trade up to the 09. The frame, the gas tank, the transmission, the engine, the larger front wheel and the wider rear all make for an excellent bike.

If you are going to buy the 09 is by far the best.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

This will be my 3rd new Harley in one year (same dealer). LOL
...and you'll keep buying more Harley's until you buy an FLHRC! (LOL...Just Kiddin') Street Glide's a great bike, best of luck with it Bro!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Lucky you. I've got a serious case of bike envy about right now. Good Luck.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks guys...

The reason I want the 09 is for all the reasons that have been discussed already...wider tire, better gearing, new frame, new IDS, etc...(aren't the bags a little bit bigger too?), all in all just a better built Street Glide and I'm in a position to buy a new one.

My dealer pretty much insulted me today when they said they would only knock off about $2000 off an already inflated price. They want $25k+ out the door and only willing to come down the $2k (if I'm lucky and the GM/owner approves it). This is my 3rd new bike within 1 year time frame. Sorry, but you can do better than that.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:46 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

THE sales guy I talked to,talked me out of a 09,guess he understood that my 2005 was rock solid and I was leary,he told me I should just wait no reason to get one now.Glad you had the ***** to jump on the band wagon!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by FastHoss
THE sales guy I talked to,talked me out of a 09,guess he understood that my 2005 was rock solid and I was leary,he told me I should just wait no reason to get one now.Glad you had the ***** to jump on the band wagon!
I guess whatever blows wind up your dress...and dont hate because I can! LOL

Quick Reply: Taking the plunge on an '09