Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles Seat Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Iamopie2FLHRC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what i was afraid of. Did you have an adjustable backrest? Mine is adjustable so i hope to keep the pushing forward to a minimum.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:29 AM
BigFokker
Tourer
Default To those in limbo...

FWIW I've followed Allen for three different bikes and on three different forums.
If you have any doubts before you work with him, call him - he puts his number out there for that reason.

He's done both Honda seats I sent (Sabre & VTX) and I was going to send my Badlander to him, but I found a different seat that fits the bill for this bike.

Keep in mind that he's in the business of making your azz comfortable and not every azz is shaped the same. His follow up on orders that don't meet the customer's expectation is the best yet. Try sending a seat back to Corbin and not being charged for them reworking it...better yet, try finding one of them on this site to answer questions and clear the air with everyone else all of us reading

MCC is number 1 in my book, especially since their mods are almost half the price of a new aftermarket saddle.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Iamopie2FLHRC
Thats what i was afraid of. Did you have an adjustable backrest? Mine is adjustable so i hope to keep the pushing forward to a minimum.
No, my backrest is not adjustable other than the set screw which lets you do a little movement. One thing I have started doing some is making the backrest thinner but I haven't gotten any feedback on the ones we have done yet.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

Allen spent a lot time on the phone talking to my wife to determine what she needed for her Sportster Sundowner seat. We sent it to him and had it back in less than week. The seat was more comfortable and the customer service was great.

sporty06

Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sent my Mustang seat to Allen a short while back. I included ht, wt, inseam, etc, and asked him to lower and narrow as best as he could and install memory foam. Now, my Mustang seat is comfortable, more narrow, lower, and back of seat moved forward just the right amount. MCC does excellent work and I recommend them highly.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Vidro
Novice

I had my Road Glide seat done with the memory foam and passenger etc. I spent over $300 and do not see any improvement at all. We are no more comfortable than with the stock seat.

This is not meant to bash anyone, but simply telling the truth. I have purchased a stock sundowner seat and it is MUCH better.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:49 AM
dsnow0987
Stage II

which modification did you have done? i have a street glide and we are the same size. i am looking to have them redo my seat.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:51 AM
dsnow0987
Stage II

Originally Posted by Pheebo
I call at the end of Aug. to set up an app. to have my Ultra seat redone. I am 5'6" and have a 26" inseam. They took my credit card info to set the app. and had a date of Sept. 29th. I sent my seat in to have it lowered and narrowed and memory foam. I got a call at 10am on the 29th and they had my seat ready. They got it back to me in two days. It lowered me so I can almost flat foot it. I am very happy with my seat and have told other people about them. I will have MCC rework any of my seats. Thanks MCC!!!
which modification did you have done? i have a street glide and we are about the same size. i am looking to have MCC redo my seat. thanks.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

This string has been dead and in the ground for 11 YEARS.
May be better to start a new one.

Old 05-30-2019, 12:00 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

My sundowner was reworked by MCC and I still like it after several years.
Thumbs up here.

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycles Seat Review