Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles Seat Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Pheebo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call at the end of Aug. to set up an app. to have my Ultra seat redone. I am 5'6" and have a 26" inseam. They took my credit card info to set the app. and had a date of Sept. 29th. I sent my seat in to have it lowered and narrowed and memory foam. I got a call at 10am on the 29th and they had my seat ready. They got it back to me in two days. It lowered me so I can almost flat foot it. I am very happy with my seat and have told other people about them. I will have MCC rework any of my seats. Thanks MCC!!!

The following users liked this post:
dsnow0987 (05-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
blueride
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seat

Originally Posted by hotrodsandharleys73
I was just on their website the other day as I plan to send my seat in when it gets too cold to ride much and they are working on A/M seats now. The pricing is not set like on the HD seats.
Anyone had the heating element installed by them?
Along with the mods I had MCC install the heating element in the seat. I'm happy with the modifications made to the stock seat, but feel the heating element doesn't get hot enough to make it worthwhile. You might feel different.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
brinks13081
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ramnj
Brinks, any updates?
As a matter of fact, I spoke with Allen this evening. He basically told me to give the memory foam some saddle time, that it will improve greatly with time. Let me just say that after speaking with Allen I can honestly tell anyone on here that he ill do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make his customers happy. If anyone has any concerns about using Mean City for their saddle mod, you shouldn't. Like I said in the original post, the saddle is better, much better than stock and I'm sure that it will only improve in the future. By the way, Allen didn't think the origianl post was negative either.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the supreme mod and got the heated seat option. It is night and day difference for me. Different strokes I guess.....

Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If more businesses were operated like MCC, bad customer service would be a memory.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:38 PM
0204665J
Tourer

Call them..They will make it right....Ask me how I know....

Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 PM
tano01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 0204665J
Call them..They will make it right....Ask me how I know....
Alright...how do you know?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Iamopie2FLHRC
Advanced

quick question with those that had MCC do a seat with a backrest... I am a pretty tall guy, 6'3" and have a sundowner on my RKC. It is really comfortable but pushes me forward. i want the seat to go back a couple inches but am afraid I will run into the backrest. Anyone have any experience pushing a seat back with a backrest? Thanks.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Iamopie2FLHRC
Advanced

quick question with those that had MCC do a seat with a backrest... I am a pretty tall guy, 6'3" and have a sundowner on my RKC. It is really comfortable but pushes me forward. i want the seat to go back a couple inches but am afraid I will run into the backrest. Anyone have any experience pushing a seat back with a backrest? Thanks.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:41 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Iamopie2FLHRC

Here is my personal experiance with a backrest. I bought one to use with my Sundowner that is used when my wife rides with me. I put it on the week before we were doing a 1200 mile trip and only used it commuting back and forth to work(20 minute ride) The day came we were leaving for our vacation and we rode about 35 minutes and I had to stop and take off the backrest because it was pushing on my back so hard it was making my legs and feet go numb and where it was hitting my back it was very painful. I put it back on the next morning to see if it was something I had to get use to but it only took 10-15 minutes and it was off again. So the rest of the trip it stayed in my saddle bag.

When we got back home I gave it to a buddy who bent the backrest post and now it is much better but I haven't gotten to use it on a long road trip yet but I can tell it should be right, there is a lot more contact on the backrest and I have to lean back into it versus it pushing me forward.

So with all that said, moving the riding position of the seat back isn't going to help much because the backrest is going to be pushing you forward.

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycles Seat Review