Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compare Ovals with Rineharts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Compare Ovals with Rineharts?

Has anyone ever compared the sound of V&H to Rineharts? I have Ovals with True Dual headers am curious since so many favor the Rineharts. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Slider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Compare Ovals with Rineharts?

I listened to just about every pipe I could find...duals...2into1...stock w/slipons...the best sound overall was a 2 into1 the FatCat from D&D. I just didn't like the single sided exhaust.
The Duals are everywhere, the only ones I didn't get ears on were the T-Rex...sorry Bountyhunter...It was close a close call, but I preferred the Rineharts...but that is just me.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:33 AM
JRAZ
Cruiser

Before ypou decide, be sure to listen to the new V & H Big Shot Duals fro Dressers. I had V & H true duals with ovals on my RK. Now I have the new Big Shots on my SG. Wow!! What a sound and they are a great price.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I will have to be biased toward the Rinehart! Although V&H sounds pretty good, I like the quality of the Rinehart. I installed the Tru-Dual on my RG, and even the pipes themselves are polished. Then, added the chrome heatshields, wow! Plus, the system also has an available Oxygen sensor port for if you ever need to install any after the market performance module (that requires it.)

Ultimately, the sound! I love that deep, thumping sound, that can be "felt" by the large SUVs with their stereos blaring! A safety issue for me!

Da Kahuna!

ORIGINAL: Retired_Ted

Has anyone ever compared the sound of V&H to Rineharts? I have Ovals with True Dual headers am curious since so many favor the Rineharts. Thanks!