Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EagleMark more honest than Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybody remember reading Huck Finn? The characters The King and The Duke were a couple of carpet-baggers making their living going from town-to-town scamming people. That's what car [bike] salesmen are, "F&I guys", mortgage brokers, insurance salesman, etc. They're all carpet baggers. Try reading Huck Finn, then go watch a salesman in action on someone else & see if it doesn't make you laugh.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
tano01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northeastconfederate
Anybody remember reading Huck Finn? The characters The King and The Duke were a couple of carpet-baggers making their living going from town-to-town scamming people. That's what car [bike] salesmen are, "F&I guys", mortgage brokers, insurance salesman, etc. They're all carpet baggers. Try reading Huck Finn, then go watch a salesman in action on someone else & see if it doesn't make you laugh.
Does the book have pictures? That is the only way I'll read it...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Common practice and I always try to keep that in mind. The take the banks interest rate, and then add to it to make extra. If they won’t budge on the price, I make them come down on the interest rate. Sometimes it is better to just go get the loan yourself, then go pay cash, that way you know exactly what you are getting.

Another good trick a salesman buddy of mine told me about is: Go in talking about no trade in, then just before you sign the contract, tell the salesman you changed your mind and you want to either put money down or trade-in. At this point, they already have established an interest rate and a price, now you have taken from their deal and made it yours, you also eat up a lot of commission by doing this. It pisses them off, but I get good deals by doing this.