Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 SG wheels Need chromer recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008 | 03:22 PM
brihvac
|
Road Warrior
Default 09 SG wheels Need chromer recommendation

Getting ready to send me Streetglide wheels out to be chromed. In the past I have used Chromethathog.com They tried to rip me off so I dont want to use them again. I have looked into Chrome Pros but do not know their work. Any recommedations?

Old 10-27-2008 | 03:32 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Is distance an issue?

Old 10-27-2008 | 03:35 PM
brihvac
|
Road Warrior

Theres no one local, so I would have to mail them out reguardless. I also want to sent the rotors out to have them polished.

Old 10-27-2008 | 03:41 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by brihvac
Getting ready to send me Streetglide wheels out to be chromed. In the past I have used Chromethathog.com They tried to rip me off so I dont want to use them again. I have looked into Chrome Pros but do not know their work. Any recommedations?
I have tried a few different ones, and now I only send my stuff to Chrome Masters in Nashville.

Old 10-27-2008 | 03:43 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

I have used these guys with great results on a custom 32 Ford with two peice American Salt Flats:
http://www.calchrome.com/

These guys did my 08 Street Glide wheels with no complaints from me
http://www.advancechromeplating.com/...or+your+e-mail

Old 10-27-2008 | 05:53 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Can't recommend anyone but from past horror stories on this site I'd recommend finding someone that you can easily personally visit. Even if it means driving a ways to get their at least they will know you are not some schmuck stuck on the other end of the country.

Also pay with a credit card. At least two members here paid upfront with cash. One of them is still waiting for his SG wheels 9 months later with no way to get his $$ back easily.

Good luck. Hit up some local car enthusiasts if need be for a recommendation.

Primo

Old 10-28-2008 | 10:26 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I used CHORMEPROSPLATING out of Corpus, TX, and they did a FANTASTIC, quality, and speedy job. Couldn't be happier. One of the best mods I've done, and they are so easy to clean now. You won't be disappointed. There's some threads on here from 6-8 months ago, and there must have been 20-30 folks that used them, and they all said the same thing. Great Work. Hope this helps.

Old 10-29-2008 | 05:59 AM
Badbagger09
Road Master

I agree with bigskyhd, chrome pros plating out of texas. We had a customer send out his fatboy wheels. When they arrived at the shop I was impressed with the quality and workmanship. HD now offers that same wheel in chrome but for twice the price. I believe they might have an exchange program for stock wheels. Visit their website for additional info.

Old 10-29-2008 | 06:09 AM
brihvac
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Badbagger09
I agree with bigskyhd, chrome pros plating out of texas. We had a customer send out his fatboy wheels. When they arrived at the shop I was impressed with the quality and workmanship. HD now offers that same wheel in chrome but for twice the price. I believe they might have an exchange program for stock wheels. Visit their website for additional info.
I did check out their website. If I use them, Im gonna take mine off and send them because they charge an additional $200 for the exchange, and thats not the core, its just an additional $200

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:42 AM
roadkingrob
Novice

I bought an exchange set of wheels & a set of lowers from Crome-Pros for my 05 RK custom. I was very happy with both their work & their customer service. I did have problems with the chrome peeling on the rear wheel, I called Jay & he took care of it with no problems,they have a 2 yr warranty. He sent me a new wheel right away. Of coarse I had to pay to have the tire & bearings changed after I took the wheel off ,but I was going to take the bike apart for a new floating rotor & chrome pulley cover anyway. If I didn't do all my own work & had to pay for all the labor I might have been a little pissed,but like I said Jay took care of it,he didn't give me the run around like a dealer would have{at 4k the factory chrome rear whl was pitting,the stealer told me it was from brake dust & HD wouldn't cover it!!!I keep my bike spotless!}. I did pay with a credit card & they were very quick to issue the credit when I sent my wheels back. I'd buy from them again!!

Quick Reply: 09 SG wheels Need chromer recommendation