Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metro Air Force Dryer .......

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,773 Likes on 468 Posts

If you're happy with your leaf blower, cool. Or your rake, as mentioned.
I too bought my bike to ride, and I do, about 12K miles per year. 95% day rides with the wife. But I like a clean bike, after all, black and chrome were meant to be kept clean. So the less time I spend drying, the more time riding. I also like my Stage 1 kit, plenty of power for me, but some guys gotta have a big bore 110", cool. I do my own maintenance and installs, some guys pay the dealer retail, cool. I own a Kendon trailer for when I need to go somewhere and take the wife and dog and bike, then ride it when I get there.
To each his own, I just started this thread to let some guys know about the dryer that they might have been thinking about getting.
You know what they say....."once you go dryer you never go back" !

Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
The only down side to the leaf blower is the unfiltered air. Imagine what 150 mph of unfiltered grit and dust can do to ones paint, can you say Sandblaster!
That is why I don't stand in a pile of sand when I dry my bike. I'd guess that wet pavement under my bike doesn't have much dust and grit on it that is gonna get sucked up.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
Here we go again . . . just hope it doesn't come to blows. (pun intended) LOL

I have the $300 8hp Master Blaster.

I know, I know. I could buy 10 leaf blowers for that.

I guess I'm just a sucker for a great product. I love mine. Hung it on the wall, bought a 10 foot extension hose and now I don't have to drag it around when I use it.
Don't you just LOVE that bad machine. Like I said earlier, I got mine off some pet supply vendor on the internet, and I saved a ton. Makes cleaning the bike a breeze. To each his own, but that clean hot air has got to feel good to the scoot after a long cold wet bath.... I'm just sayin'.....

Old 10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
scg1953
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badbagger
If you're happy with your leaf blower, cool. Or your rake, as mentioned.
I too bought my bike to ride, and I do, about 12K miles per year. 95% day rides with the wife. But I like a clean bike, after all, black and chrome were meant to be kept clean. So the less time I spend drying, the more time riding. I also like my Stage 1 kit, plenty of power for me, but some guys gotta have a big bore 110", cool. I do my own maintenance and installs, some guys pay the dealer retail, cool. I own a Kendon trailer for when I need to go somewhere and take the wife and dog and bike, then ride it when I get there.
To each his own, I just started this thread to let some guys know about the dryer that they might have been thinking about getting.
You know what they say....."once you go dryer you never go back" !

+1, 1badbagger
I use to own a commercial landscape maint. company and still have my "Commercial Grade" equip. and am positive nobody has a more powerful blower. I tried the leaf blower for drying my bike and there is NO WAY , anyone can say that the blower is as good. Just to be fair, before I bought my dryer, I even made an adapter to concentrate the flow from the blower. This did help but still not a good as the dryer. Besides the dryer is electric and my blower is 2 stroke gas. So with me living in California and everyone knows that we are all tree huggers here ( yeah right, LOL I ride a Harley, drive a '67 Dodge, and a Jeep ) it is my duty to be green.
By the way I only have the small dryer not even the cool big one like you, I can only imagine how much better yours is.
Sounds like the nay sayers are just not lucky enough to have used one but if what they have works for them they should keep it up.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got one of the smaller JC Whitney types, it works good, but maybe its because I have harder water than most of you....I can't just dry my bike with air, I blow it out of the fins on the heads and all the nooks and crannies, but then use a shammy on the paint and chrome otherwise I get these set in water spots that are harder than heck to get out.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
scg1953
Tourer

Originally Posted by Windup08
I've got one of the smaller JC Whitney types, it works good, but maybe its because I have harder water than most of you....I can't just dry my bike with air, I blow it out of the fins on the heads and all the nooks and crannies, but then use a shammy on the paint and chrome otherwise I get these set in water spots that are harder than heck to get out.
I was going to say just what you said but I thought my post was getting a little long. I do still use a micro fiber to go over the paint and chrome along with the dryer. I hadn't thought of it but hard water is a problem here for sure and that probably explains it. I also use the dryer on ny cars to blow out the cracks that weep water after washing

Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Windup, You get 8hp of hot air blowin' the water away, and hard or not, it's dry. No water spot either. Only problem is they are kind of spendy. I considered it an investment for the rest of my motorcycling years. You might consider the big AF Master Blaster. But again, go to the Pet Suppliers to get it, NOT some motorcycle outlet.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same issue here..Hard Water. I even tried with the Mr. Clean system but still spots.

I did get a good deal on my machine. Wifey is in the Vet business so got her to order the Pet version.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member

I know this is an old thread, but damn, just got the 4 hp Metro dryer, and damn if it ain't the best thing since sliced bread! I was skeptical at first, but it does an amazing job... 5 star product all the way!

Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser

you do realize that by bringing up this old thread you just cost me 300 bucks lol i had to get an 8 horse after reading up on it

Quick Reply: Metro Air Force Dryer .......