Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My white Ultra needs a make over!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My white Ultra needs a make over!

When I bought my 2006 white Ultra earlier this year, I liked it because you don't see a lot of white bikes. I now think I need to do something to it to make it look better. Here are the options I've thought of. Tell me what you think.

1. Make it two tone. Keep the white on part of the bike but make other parts like you see on two tone bikes from the factory.

2. Add some realistic flames on the front, gas tank, and bags. A very experienced bike painter told me that if I wanted to add to what I have (white paint with the factory silver pin stripping), I'd need to add something like realistic flames (maybe blue flames to go with the Glacier white pearl paint I already have).

3. Add some graphics to front, tank, and bags.

Any other ideas? What do you think?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
When I bought my 2006 white Ultra earlier this year, I liked it because you don't see a lot of white bikes. I now think I need to do something to it to make it look better. Here are the options I've thought of. Tell me what you think.

1. Make it two tone. Keep the white on part of the bike but make other parts like you see on two tone bikes from the factory.

2. Add some realistic flames on the front, gas tank, and bags. A very experienced bike painter told me that if I wanted to add to what I have (white paint with the factory silver pin stripping), I'd need to add something like realistic flames (maybe blue flames to go with the Glacier white pearl paint I already have).

Hey Ozoneman, good to see you here! Your white bike is a great background to start with in doing some graphics. I would suggest going to some custom painting web sites to check out their work for ideas. I could see some wonderful candy blue flames with silver pinstripping, but I love flames on a bike. The candy blue is also transparent, so you could have some graphics under the flames that would show through!

My 2 cents...

Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Yeah, the bike painter that I've talked to is suggesting blue flames on my Glacier white pearl parts. Here is some of his work.

http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...y-photo32.html

He said if I wanted to do something better than that it would cost almost twice as much. Like this:
http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...y-photo77.html

Last edited by Ozoneman; 10-25-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

I saw a guy who had an Ultra same color as yours only he painted the inner fairing to match it. Bike was gorgeous.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:00 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I tell you, that is a fine looking bike just like it is. there's a lot of bikes with all kinds of flames and such on them, so I don't consider that very original. Plus, the cost of doing something that's not really that different. I would just put a hot looking woman on the back, that would set you apart!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

Yeah, the bike painter that I've talked to is suggesting blue flames on me Glacier white pearl parts. Here is some of his work.

http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...y-photo32.html

He said if I wanted to do something better than that it would cost almost twice as much. Like this:
http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...y-photo77.html

Have you given any thought to doing the painting yourself? That is what I did last winter and I had a blast learning how to paint and finally painted my Road Glide. A lot less expensive and a lot more satisfying!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
Have you given any thought to doing the painting yourself? That is what I did last winter and I had a blast learning how to paint and finally painted my Road Glide. A lot less expensive and a lot more satisfying!
I remember when you did that. You did a really good job. But I couldn't do something like that. I'm not very artistic!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:16 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too like white and I think it lends itself to many paint scheme ideas.

Friend of mine put a buffalo head/Indian motiff mural on his fairing and then eagle feathers on the saddlebag lids and other stuff here and there.

Pick a theme based on a hobby or interest and use your as canvas?

Last edited by badinfluence63; 10-25-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

What do you guys think of leaving the bike white and just putting something on the front of the fairing like this:
http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...ry-photo7.html

To be serious, I may not go with that, but maybe I would...

Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Javawave
Tourer

I like all the idea. If you are going to leave it white, I think something simplistic would look best. by simplistic I mean like the skull on front. dont over do it. I will just give some personality.

Quick Reply: My white Ultra needs a make over!