Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My white Ultra needs a make over!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
I saw a guy who had an Ultra same color as yours only he painted the inner fairing to match it. Bike was gorgeous.
I think I finally decided. I talked to the painter today and told him I just want the inner fairing painted glacial white pearl. He is going to get the paint ordered. At the same time I'm going to have the HD dealership install chrome forks and chrome hand controls. While they are doing that, they will take the inner fairing off so I can take it up to the painter. Maybe latter I will have something put on the outer fairing if I find something I really like. I hate to screw up the classy look of the bike, but I still would like something on the front to make it stand out. I just don't know what that is yet!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just get it over with and paint it black

Old 11-12-2008, 01:26 PM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you looked at the thread for two tone inner fairings? Maybe you could put some black w the white pearl to make it a little different. I llike stock two tone but maybe would put some sutle lightning bolts on the fairing.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

skulls, comic book heros, dragons, girls, naked girls, murels of almost anything.

The guy at www.mayhemairbrush.com does some awesome reproductions of any picture you have. Very nice photo work of barely clothed women.

However, I think your bike would look good with some good old fashioned pinstriping on the front fairing and paint the inner fearing.

Or

Maybe a skeleton which appears to hold onto the lip of the fearing just above the headlight, smoking a cuban cigar.

or

Some play on the HD Logos with some color.

Or

A skeleton which looks like he is tearing through your fairing giving the bird to all on-coming traffic.

Or

Uncle Sam(female version, well endowed) pointing at everyone with the "Uncle Sam Wants You!" pose...painter can figure out the perspective

need more..there's endless airbrush things you can do

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Deuces R Wild
skulls, comic book heros, dragons, girls, naked girls, murels of almost anything.

The guy at www.mayhemairbrush.com does some awesome reproductions of any picture you have. Very nice photo work of barely clothed women.

However, I think your bike would look good with some good old fashioned pinstriping on the front fairing and paint the inner fearing.

Or

Maybe a skeleton which appears to hold onto the lip of the fearing just above the headlight, smoking a cuban cigar.

or

Some play on the HD Logos with some color.

Or

A skeleton which looks like he is tearing through your fairing giving the bird to all on-coming traffic.

Or

Uncle Sam(female version, well endowed) pointing at everyone with the "Uncle Sam Wants You!" pose...painter can figure out the perspective

need more..there's endless airbrush things you can do
Those are all good ideas. I did find this picture and was thinking about putting it on the front fairing. Of course without the words all over it. This is similar to your idea of the skeleton tearing through the fairing. What do you think?

Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

It's ok, but doesn't say anything about you or the bike. It would need more to be complete. Check out these sites for ideas.

http://www.custompainting.com/homepage.htm

http://www.airea5150.com/index1.html

Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
I'm starting to think that the white inner fairing might be a good idea with maybe something classy on the front fairing only. Now what can I put on the front fairing...
I need something unique but still classy. Any ideas?
Unique..Cheap..Classy.....here you go...

Paint your inner fairing to match.
The tank emblem? Put it on the front with the stripes that go to the side...on both sides.
Change gauges to white, fat bars with wiring through bars, chrome hand controls & frontend, nice spoke wheels like DNA or Hallcraft's.

Then ride the **** out of it!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
omega5m14
Cruiser

You may not like my idea; leave it alone. I wish I'd found a White Ultra when I
was shopping for one. I will admit, I like your idea of: http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...ry-photo7.html
Ride safe,
Dano

Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

How about WWII style Shark Teeth and Eyes, I bet your painter could come up with something that looks good. Maybe a little personal name for the bike hand painted on it as well.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

keep it stock...the best looking for long time is stock paint...trust me man...

Quick Reply: My white Ultra needs a make over!