Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My white Ultra needs a make over!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
I like this idea, but not necessarily the colors. How can I make his work with my white that I already have?
http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...y-photo88.html
I like that idea......white on top with ice blue for the second color on the bottom, then use silver for the tribal stuff.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had alot of my Hraleys custom painted in the past and as some have said, what looks good on some bikes might look like crap on an Ultra with all the parts that need painting. I don't hink you can leave the pinstripes on the bike and throw a flame job on there too !! I would either choose a second color and have it added in the places that HD puts them on their factory 2 tones or just find a nice mural and have it air brushed on the front fairing. If you plan to do a total jon that black, orange and silver your painter painted would look sweet. Reminds me of the paint job on the 09 SE Road Glide. Now that's a sweet looking paint job !!!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra61
Ooo...Kay bigskyhd that was a little different...did you just come from a paint your bike rally.

The inner fairing will do you wonders for how you and others look at your bike.
Actually no, I just offered a different opinion and perspective to the original question. I've been riding for 40 + years, and sometimes that gives a little different peek and insight to a particular question. However if you don't find that you like my perspective, or can't appreciate where I'm coming from, well... then BITE ME!!! Sure it's different, that was the exact point of the post. Did you just come from a "Lets all drink the Kool Aid" convention???

HEY ULTRA 61, I hope you're not so new here that you don't realize I'm joking with you, so don't go flaming me out. It's a forum, relax and enjoy. And remember, every knucklehead on here has an opinion, they just can't all be right like you and me....

Last edited by bigskyhd; 10-27-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Crazycoop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The white looks clean and elegant. Adding chrome wheels, WWW and other parts make it look even cleaner IMO. If you want to do something with a pinstripe then go with a 1 inch wide multi color where the pinstripe is now!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that is a quality painter you got there Ozoneman!
Whatever YOU decide I'm sure he won't let you down.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM
cowboybob56
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Q Hog
I'll just paint the inner fairing, change the bars to some ape (monkey bars) and throw some rims on it.. That'll set it off.
I wanted to do the apes, but I haven't ever wired anything(color blind), and the quotes ranged from $950.00 to $1100.00 just to put on a $200.00 set of bars. I went with a new seat instead.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:44 PM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the color already...thinking about flame'n it out next winter...my painter keeps bug'n me...he sez white is the perfect backdrop to begin with...good luck w/what ever you do and keep us posted...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Scorpion07
Wow, that is a quality painter you got there Ozoneman!
Whatever YOU decide I'm sure he won't let you down.
Yeah, he is considered one of if not the best bike painter in Indianapolis. He's been doing it a very long time.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ultra61
The inner fairing will do you wonders for how you and others look at your bike.
I'm starting to think that the white inner fairing might be a good idea with maybe something classy on the front fairing only. Now what can I put on the front fairing...
I need something unique but still classy. Any ideas?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Anyone have any ideas or pictures of something that would look good on front of fairing? No animals or Indians please.

Quick Reply: My white Ultra needs a make over!