Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My white Ultra needs a make over!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this idea, but not necessarily the colors. How can I make his work with my white that I already have?
http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...y-photo88.html

Old 10-25-2008, 04:12 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far a murals, most anything goes with a few precautions.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:19 PM
flt04lee
Cruiser

do some show powder coating and polishing.thats something that not everybody has.here are some pics of a bike we just did in gloss white with polished fins...cylinders and heads.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m.../HPIM10572.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...HPIM1059-1.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...HPIM1060-1.jpg

Old 10-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Ozoneman, you haven't owned the bike long enough, IMO, to get past the "looking at your own bike" phase of ownership. At some point in ownership, you may discover that you are more interested in riding it, so accessories that make it safer and/or more enjoyable to ride will transcend cosmetic changes that you don't see while riding.

Shoot the inner fairing; swap out the stock gauges with SE spun aluminum, or SG silver/white face gauges; change the seat; add chrome controls; install speakers in the fairing lowers; swap out the cams/build a strong 95" motor; etc. Do the things that will make the bike better AND that you can see and/or feel while riding.

If you want to paint the bike, I don't know how easy/costly it is to eliminate the pinstripes.

It's your bike; your money; do what pleases you.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Ozoneman, you haven't owned the bike long enough, IMO, to get past the "looking at your own bike" phase of ownership. At some point in ownership, you may discover that you are more interested in riding it, so accessories that make it safer and/or more enjoyable to ride will transcend cosmetic changes that you don't see while riding.

Shoot the inner fairing; swap out the stock gauges with SE spun aluminum, or SG silver/white face gauges; change the seat; add chrome controls; install speakers in the fairing lowers; swap out the cams/build a strong 95" motor; etc. Do the things that will make the bike better AND that you can see and/or feel while riding.

If you want to paint the bike, I don't know how easy/costly it is to eliminate the pinstripes.

It's your bike; your money; do what pleases you.
Believe me when I say I ride my bike and I am interested in riding it. I put 12,000 miles on it this summer. I've dressed up the fairing with chrome rings around the gauges, I've added gel inserts to my seats. I plan to add chrome controls to the handlbar this winter. The motor thing I've discussed with the mechanic but may wait on that for another year. I just don't like the look of the huge white fairing on the front of the bike. I'm starting to think that maybe I just need to add something to the fairing (fill in that void) and leave the rest of the bike alone. I need something different though and original. I don't know if I'd go this far, but this would unique on the front fairing.
http://www.henleyskustompainting.com...ry-photo3.html

Old 10-25-2008, 04:48 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

Paint it black.

Sorry dude, just kidding. Surprised no one else has done it yet.

If I didn't have a black bike; white would be one of my next choices.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Custom paint is the highest impact modification that you can do to your bike. It will also give you the most satisfaction of any modification. My Road King started out as a red/black color and it is now cobalt blue with black and silver ghost flames. IMO you should stay away from murals for resale purposes. I also prefer custom paint jobs to leave off the Harley logo's, everyone already knows that it is a Harley anyhow and just distracts from the paint job. Here's a few pictures of my RK...

Attached Thumbnails My white Ultra needs a make over!-p1210004-3a.jpg   My white Ultra needs a make over!-p1010143-3.jpg   My white Ultra needs a make over!-p1210109-3a.jpg   My white Ultra needs a make over!-p1010067-3.jpg   My white Ultra needs a make over!-p1010055-3.jpg  

Old 10-25-2008, 04:57 PM
dean
Advanced

I'm thinking of doing something to mine later too ... nice thread.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:04 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,383 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Along the thought of simple mods, take a look at the 08 white with metalic silver stripe. In my opinon, that is one of the cleanest looks Harley has pushed out the factory. They have a similar scheme on the 09's, but I don't think it has nearly the same impact.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll just paint the inner fairing, change the bars to some ape (monkey bars) and throw some rims on it.. That'll set it off.

Quick Reply: My white Ultra needs a make over!