Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable rider back rest or not??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:40 AM
andrewj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable rider back rest or not??

Yesterday I went to the dealer to pick up my comfort stitch non adjustable backrest for my 09 ultra. It was about $100 less than the adjustable version. I opened the box and found that it look a bit chincy and not the best constructed, I dont know..
My buddy had a 07 adjustable backrest on his 09, it looked sturdier and abit thicker and more comfortable..I dont know if they changed it since 2007?
Does anyone have a recent adjustable comfort stitch rider backrest.. Am I imagining things or is the more expensive version a better and more solid purchase over all? Or is it really the same backrest only adjustable? Hard to tell from the online catelogue pics.
thanks

Old 10-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Javawave
Tourer

Mine is not comfort stitch, but I have the 08 adjustable. I can't imagine it not being adjustable. I have changed its position after a few hours in the saddle. Even an 1/4" makes a difference when you have been on the bike all day. JMO

Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the adjustable one and it works great.
Somedays I never adjust it, then other days I move it a couple of times to get a different postion.

It has a lot more padding than the non adjustable one too.

The non adjustable one does adjust.
But you have to use and allen wrench before you take off.
Then it's there for the duration.

I guess what I'm saying is get the adjustable one.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 AM
OutRider
Intermediate

I saw the non adjustable for the 09 and agree - it looks cheap.
I have the adjustable on my 2007 Ultra and love it. With having a 2009 Ultra on order, I plan on keeping my backrest and get the new mounting kit. It is great on long trips....

RJ

Old 10-25-2008, 07:38 AM
tomm
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the adj. one on a 06 uc love it probly the best thing i have bought it also has height adj. can t imagin riding without it well worth the 100 bucks

Old 10-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a studded Road King Dvr bkrest I kept off of my 06 road king bought new mounting hardware but inside the hardware its the same as prior years. Tried it on the bike for grins and giggles, liked the way it looked so much just left it on. See pic!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Get the adjustable, just be ready to get stressed out a little trying to figure out the mounting kit directions.......

Old 10-25-2008, 08:45 AM
IBHarley
Road Master

definitely get the adjustable I find that there are some days I will move it and other I wont but I think it fits better to

Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

I have on order right now the adjustable one with the Street Glide style stitching. I did look at both on other peoples bikes, but did not ride with them. You are right, and the adjustable one does look as though its a little bit beefier. I figured for a extra few bucks I may as well go with the fully adjustable one, just for the sake of comfort alone. I also ordered the passenger back pad with the same SG stitching, and all quick detachable hardware.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Iamopie2FLHRC
Advanced

i have the adjustable riders backrest for my 08 RKC. I dont know what the non-adjustable one looks like, but i am very pleased with the adjustable one. I would highly recommend it.

Quick Reply: adjustable rider back rest or not??