Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyno Numbers,EH!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:13 PM
twohats
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dyno Numbers,EH!

I just got my dynoe'd Friday.I wasn't impressed.May be i expected too much.I am running Python slip ons.SERT and A/c kit on a 06 Ultra.I had the bike mapped when i first got the mods done,so i was told that adyno was the way to go.I am sure that it didn't hurt but the numbers before the dyno was 67.2 on horsepower and torque was 73.3.Well I ended up with 69.5 hp and 73.8 tq.I asked about the fuel ratio and the tech said it was not important the graph was that of a bouncing ball across the graph.The latest class told him that it was not that important to print out for the cust.
Well in my field of car business I find that an important issue.I kinda felt I was a bit misled or just lost 132.00.My torque by the graph shows peak @ 3500 rpm and peak hp @ 6k.I am abit confused.Did I do right by getting this done.Any way i wanted to share this with the experts.What can I do[not to break the bank] to get better low in TQ?Thanks....................................

Old 04-02-2006, 11:22 PM
twohats
Cruiser
Default RE: My Dyno Numbers,EH!

I did forget to mention I am running V&h tru duals also,I am sure that contributes to some TQ loss,At least The dlr told me this.Oh well It does run Okay....

Old 04-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

These numbers do not sound right from all the others I have read here on the forum. The AFR numbers are important and that is one of the most critical adjustments that the SERT allows you to make. Getting the bike dyno'd was not a mistake. Getting it dyno'd where you did could have been. You should be running around 72-75 hp with your setup. Not sure on the torque.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Matt8643
Road Captain

I recently had my RK dyno'd and althought the HP and Torque is about the same as yours (I have quiter, less performance oriented mufflers on mine), the ONE thing I do know is that the Air to Fuel is extrememly important! If tuned correctly, the mixture line should be straight and right around the "13" mark-someone can probably elaborate on that better than myself.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:59 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

That Tech is full of bull.... 3 weeks ago I did a 1450, A/C, Rinehart True Duals, and SERT. Ended up in 85/88 zone. AFR, I set it up at 12.5 - 13.5... every bike is different now. There is no "Dead Nuttz" AFR. But again, someone got fed a line. You are obligated to get a printout... And it will also show start run (Zero base) and the final (Last Full Pull). You can tell how much time they spent on the bike from the "Run File" number.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally would find another place to get done and then take that dyno sheet back to the first and request my money back. I took my bike in for a baseline run and got a printout no problem.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:41 AM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I would talk to the service manager

Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

You're right on the nose there Bob! It seems, to me, that the dyno tech is either inexperience or talking out of his A$$. I had mine dyno'd and the HP is over 75, and fuel/air is between 13 and 13.5! Anyone who tells you that F/A mixture is not important is a complete idiot! The fuel/air mixture should be measured (and adjusted) on at least 12 throttle positions!

And, the printout is very much a necessity! How do you argue poor performance of your bike, when there was no baseline printout established after the dyno? The tech knows this, and that could be the reason why he won't give you one! If you're using a SERT, the mapping from the dyno run should also be stored on the module for future use! You didn't mention if this was done or not. I would suggest you go to a real dyno guru and get your bike redyno'd.

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

That Tech is full of bull.... 3 weeks ago I did a 1450, A/C, Rinehart True Duals, and SERT. Ended up in 85/88 zone. AFR, I set it up at 12.5 - 13.5... every bike is different now. There is no "Dead Nuttz" AFR. But again, someone got fed a line. You are obligated to get a printout... And it will also show start run (Zero base) and the final (Last Full Pull). You can tell how much time they spent on the bike from the "Run File" number.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a good article this month in AIM. First of three parts, it talks about what a dyno is (and isn't), what to look for in a good dyno setup (like tools and a big a** fan), what it takes to hack a dyno etc. One thing I found interesting is the article states that most Harleys on the road today are "10 to 50 percent BELOW their potential." Lots of talk about lots of performance stuff that doesn't work together to actually increase performance. I recommend the read.[8D]

Old 04-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Mitt
Cruiser

Sounds great