Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modulator/tail light flasher

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
ms3300
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight modulator/tail light flasher

anyone heard of this company; www.kriss.com/harleymod.php ? like their easy install products just wanna know if they are reliable/safe for bike

Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 PM
ms3300
Road Captain

bumpety bumpety bump

Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ...

I haven't heard of those guys, not that that means anything.
These are the guys I have bookmarked for modulators. CN

http://www.kisantech.com/application2.php

Old 10-22-2008, 11:48 PM
socalmoe
Tourer
Default !!!!

Not sure about the quality, you can find other modulators for cheaper. Do a google search.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 AM
DeathWind
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not pay $109 for it. Here is the cut and past from another post of mine. There is a link to a video of the modulator in action. Plug and play and very easy to install. No cutting or mods. I bought the Comagination Visipath ($70) at http://www.comagination.com/modHarley.htm

_________________________ Here's my other post:

I order the modulator, but only a single one. Maybe with one steady and one modulating, they won't think I'm LE and start pulling over. I've see a couple videos of the modulators and read several reviews on www.webbikeworld.com. So we'll see. Maybe with the rears flashing when I stop and front modulating during the day I'll be a little safer. One thing I did read several places was to carry a copy of the Federal Statute that shows that the modulators are 50 state legal.

Well, the modulator came in today and I've got it installed. I opted for the single unit, even though I have dual headlights. Easy install, but the toughest part was deciding on where to put the daylight sensor. I ran it through the wire loom up to the clutch master cylinder. It stays put and looks straight up as directed so oncoming and dash lights don't have you modulating at night. I also left it wired to modulate the high beams since it's only allowed to operate in daylight. I usually run brights in the day anyway for more visibility. here is a short, but not small video (1.4mb) if you want to check it out. Just excuse the dirty bike. http://www.inspirationalthoughts.org...s/MVI_0732.avi

Well, it's been a little over a week with the modulator and I can truly say that I notice a difference over riding without it. I ride to work daily, rain or shine, and I'm being seen. I still ride like they are all out to get me, but I'm not being cut off at intersections as often and given more room when they want to come into my lane. Too bad it's only legal in the daytime. As far as I can tell the sensor does a good job keeping the modulator on during overcast days and early morning rides. Not a bad safety mod for $60-80 (singe or dual modulator). I'm using the single Comagination Visipath (on a dual headlight Road Glide) seeing that it was half the price of the Kisan version and didn't require rewiring like the Diamond-Star. I carry a copy of the federal statutes that I printed from http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_20...cfr571.108.pdf, CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4. Page 267

Open and go to section S7.9.4 on page 29 I've ridden in seveal areas here and the police don't give me a second look. I feel a little safer and think the $60-80 was a good safety purchase. I also have the Harley garage door transmitter wired before the plugs to the light and everything operates without problems.

Last edited by DeathWind; 10-23-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Noticed that Link to CFR Part 571.108 S7.9.4 was no longer valid. Current link and Page 267 is good.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:30 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Kriss unit is very good quality.
You get what you pay for.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:26 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Read the Kriss warranty policy VERY carefully. Ah've been runnin' modulators since '96, an' have used 3 - Kriss, Sauerkraut Ranch an' Kisan. Have known others with the Signal Dynamics. The SD's may be okay - Sauerkraut Ranch is (deservedly) out of business, an' the Kriss was a total POS IMO. Now, Kriss is under new ownership since then, but their warranty policy is the same - and as the son of an ex-RCA Electrical Engineer with USN Electronics training, I found their instructions to be lousy, and easy to misunderstand.

For me - it's Kisan. Period.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:52 AM
TMART
Road Master

I bought mine from coimagination,headlamp and taillamp,works great.People will see ya.No matter what brand,it will help keep you alive.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:08 AM
drbillk
Tourer

I have been very happy with the stuff I bought from Signal Dynamics. Headlight modulator and brake lamp "Wig-wag" unit. Both have been on bike for 4 years without issue. Although, would consider the Kisan headlight unit nowadays, since it's an easier install -- plug & play.

http://www.signaldynamics.com

Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking about this mod for a while now. After just briefly looking around the internet, this one (http://www.comagination.com/modHarley.htm) seems to be a pretty good deal. TMART also says he has had no problems with it. TMART - is this truely a plug and play modulater? Any issues at all with it? Anyone else using this one?

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, just trying to help and be helped.

Quick Reply: headlight modulator/tail light flasher