Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modulator/tail light flasher

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM
DeathWind
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Comagination Visipath unit is plug and play on all Harleys except the VRod. Unplug the head light, plug unit's plug to headlight wires, plug unit's wire back on the headlight, and route the light sensor. THe light sensor is the primary concern, since that is what make the modulator legal to run. The sensor shuts off the modulator at night, or extremely low light. Make sure it's mounted to point straight up at sky. This will keep headlamps, or dash lights from activating the sensor and turning on the modulator at night.

Been running my Comagination Visipath (single bulb version, not dual bulb version available for Road Glide) since April 2007 and I have not had one problem with it. For tail lamps, I have been running Kuryakyn's Pancea tailight and turnsignal module.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
lviguy
Cruiser

I have the Kriss headlight modulator, first accessory I bought a year ago. Trouble free and an install so easy even a wrench retard (ME!) installed it in 5 minutes.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Kisan modulator, and the "Back Off" taillight flasher, as well as the run/brake/signal mod on my 05 Ultra. I feel like they make a tremendous difference in whether cagers really see you or not. I have had MANY cagers start to pull out in front of me, then stop to see what the heck that flashing headlight is. Visibility is the key, and every little bit helps.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM
TMART
Road Master

Yes it is a plug and play on the headlanp,but i had to tie into two wires on the taillamp.I mounted the taillamp module under the seat under the perch for my drivers backrest.The wires are right there also,it is real easy to hook up,I soldered the wires connections and put them in heat shrink.It was real easy.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb
I haven't heard of those guys, not that that means anything.
These are the guys I have bookmarked for modulators. CN

http://www.kisantech.com/application2.php
I have been using the Kisan Tech modulator for almost two years now and have never had a problem with it. It is very easy to install and increases your visibility by leaps and bounds. I wouldn't ride a scoot without it.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Fletch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good information in this thread. I had an Oklahoma Highway Patrolman tell me last week, that these modulators were illegal. I'll see that he gets a copy of the Federal reg's!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I bought a Kisan Pathblazer in April 2002 for my '96 RK, then moved it over to the '07 SG. It has been working only with a 100w bulb, so amperage is about 40% higher than normal. As current increases so does heat, but it's still working fine today, unfazed by the increased heat.

For the rear I had Kuryakyn Panacea lights on the old RK, but decided against them for the new bike. The LED's started going out after three years and the only fix was a complete replacement to the tune of $250. For the SG I decided to go with the Kuryakyn #4859 module that functions the same with stock lights. I would like more intensity out of the tail light, but haven't found a solution that fits the "wedge" connector on this bike. If anyone has a solution for more light from a wedge bulb--quartz, high-output incandescent, or LED--please let me know.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I bought a Kisan Pathblazer in April 2002 for my '96 RK, then moved it over to the '07 SG. It has been working only with a 100w bulb, so amperage is about 40% higher than normal. As current increases so does heat, but it's still working fine today, unfazed by the increased heat.

For the rear I had Kuryakyn Panacea lights on the old RK, but decided against them for the new bike. The LED's started going out after three years and the only fix was a complete replacement to the tune of $250. For the SG I decided to go with the Kuryakyn #4859 module that functions the same with stock lights. I would like more intensity out of the tail light, but haven't found a solution that fits the "wedge" connector on this bike. If anyone has a solution for more light from a wedge bulb--quartz, high-output incandescent, or LED--please let me know.
I have the Radiantz, (Radiantz.com), Retroz in my signals and in my tail, (brake), light, both are LED's. It's very bright back there. I also have the fender tip LED's in front and rear from Ride Time Technology, (ridetimetechnology.com).