Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a Power Commander on '07-'08 bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:34 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mean to derail this "I love the PC-III" thread. I had one for about 18,000 miles on my '07 and it worked flawlessly. I've since obtained a TTS tuner and it works quite a bit better. The bike has never run better and I'm getting the best mileage ever, too, since I'm able to go closed-loop again, and adjust the bias from the O2 sensors for a slightly richer mix where/when I want it. I never dynoed the PC-III, which I'm sure would've helped here, but when the bike does go open-loop now, it's running way better than it was tuned-for with the Fuelmoto map I was running.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:51 AM
kupitz
Cruiser

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I just installed a PCIII on my 07 FLHTC with stock breather and pipes so I loaded the stock map. Bike seems to run better but it did become harder to start immediately after the install. Gotta hold my finger on the starter for 5-10 seconds before she'll ignite, anyone else have this happen?

Old 10-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BCGlide
No, not at all. Bike runs fine with PC3. Slip ons and open filter are all I have. I'm even running the canned map from Dynojet with no big issue. Go for it.
+1. I'm running a PCIII with SuperTrapps and K&N that I picked up from FuelMoto, the map was already on my PCIII (Jamie mapped it based on my request for more power). Bike runs flawlessly, mileage is OK at 36mpg average.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

The Power Commander gets its power from the same place the fuel pump does. If you wait so long to crank the engine that the fuel pump quits whirring, you'll have to wait for the PC to reboot, which takes a second or so. Just crank the engine before the fuel pump goes quiet and it'll bark to life immediately. I haven't got a clue where all this "wait until the engine light goes out before starting" crap came from. You don't do it in any of your cars/trucks, do you?

Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,665 Likes on 1,511 Posts
Arrow starting problems? not me

I saw some threads about this before I took the plunge. I've not experienced anything abnormal. My local dyno guy at the 'Boar's House' played with mine abit. It was spot on coming from FuelMoto for my setup. Now, which cam to add to the mix? At this point no cash for bigger & better pistons. That may be in the future though. Not to hi-jack here, but what cams have you guys added to your setup? Thanx in advance. I've been looking at cams threads.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,665 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Forgot to add my mpg's. Generally high 30's to a best of 46 (1 time) on gas with no 10% ethinal (sp.). Consistantly mid 30's while I'm on the gaz.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM
woodys3b
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I've been using PC III's for years on sport bikes. Not for more power, but for better manners at low speeds. Seems that in order to get past the EPA tests, the FI systems are set up way too lean. This results in surging at low throttle settings and running hot. Well, when I got my 08 FLHT, it wasn't happy at low speeds either and the heat the engine put off was scary. You can read tons about the heat issues on threads here and you can buy plastic air deflector thingies to protect your legs. That being said, I'm surprized no one has mentioned how well the PC III fixes these two problems. Besides the PC III that came from Jamie with map already installed, I have a big sucker air cleaner. These are the only mods to my bike. I'm one of those "quiet pipes save the sport" weirdos but don't get me started. To me, the PC III is worth every penny just to solve these two issues. The increased power is nice but it's a Harley, it's never going to be fast. As far as open loop verses closed loop, think of it like this. Adding a PC III is like putting a carb on your bike that has an automatic choke and jets that you can change with a push of a button. What could be better?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

What could be better? I'm telling you (again) the TTS tuner is far better. And if you add the autotuning feature of the upcoming PC-V, the price has got to be very comparable for so much more with the TTS (which has semi-autotuning).

Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put on a PCIII today from Fuelmoto, bike started right up and when I did the idle set it ran smooth as can be. No problems starting it, same as before the PCIII.