Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide CVO Headlight Bezel Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 AM
ghostflamed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Road Glide CVO Headlight Bezel Replacement

I am looking into taking the plastic shield off of my 2009 Road Glide (standard, not CVO) and putting on the CVO bezel for a better look. I researched this and found the bezel is HD PN 69987-09. It can be bought for $40 or so but honestly when I look at my '09 lights it looks like if I just pop the plastic protector off I basically would have the exact same look. Anyone else notice this? There appears to be a black bezel in there that sits flush with the lights, just like on the CVO model. So...can anyone confirm if the bezel is any different on the CVO than on just the standard '09's? I know the lights are supposed to be "hardened" on the CVO as they are exposed but beyond that, same piece?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
LPFRAY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ghostflamed
I am looking into taking the plastic shield off of my 2009 Road Glide (standard, not CVO) and putting on the CVO bezel for a better look. I researched this and found the bezel is HD PN 69987-09. It can be bought for $40 or so but honestly when I look at my '09 lights it looks like if I just pop the plastic protector off I basically would have the exact same look. Anyone else notice this? There appears to be a black bezel in there that sits flush with the lights, just like on the CVO model. So...can anyone confirm if the bezel is any different on the CVO than on just the standard '09's? I know the lights are supposed to be "hardened" on the CVO as they are exposed but beyond that, same piece?
Check this thread out and it should answer most of your questions.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Bezel

Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 PM
ghostflamed
Road Captain

LP,

Thanks. I actually found and studied that thread before asking my question. I don't find that it answers my '09 specific issue.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too am looking at that CVO bezel for my '07. Not sure about your '09, but if it's anything like my '07, there is a gap between the front fairing and the headlight module/inner headlight bezel. Removing your clear headlight shield and riding around town would allow dirt, grime, bugs, water, etc into the inside of your RG fairing. At least that is how the '07 is. Remove your clear shield and inspect the seal around your headlight modue for any openings. If so, get the CVO bezel. It's even cheaper on Zanotti's.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mvinc01
I too am looking at that CVO bezel for my '07. Not sure about your '09, but if it's anything like my '07, there is a gap between the front fairing and the headlight module/inner headlight bezel. Removing your clear headlight shield and riding around town would allow dirt, grime, bugs, water, etc into the inside of your RG fairing. At least that is how the '07 is. Remove your clear shield and inspect the seal around your headlight modue for any openings. If so, get the CVO bezel. It's even cheaper on Zanotti's.
Your exactly right!
I removed my clear bezel for the first time today...it really needed cleaning on the backside.
I to was not quite sure what the diff would be with just leaving it off..gaps, big time!
Now go take a look at a CVO and you'll see!
Will be ordering mine soon!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 PM
LPFRAY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostflamed
LP,

Thanks. I actually found and studied that thread before asking my question. I don't find that it answers my '09 specific issue.
Yes there is a bezel in there, and yes it does look somewhat the same, however you will still have an unfinished look where you "popped" off the clear lens. There will be four slots/hole where the lense or bezel would go. It also is a rounder and more finished look. I think it is a cool look and can give different options espcially if you paint it. Mine is going on my Orange 09 black. Going for the whole orange and black look. But I think it gives a different profile to the shark nose like the Klock werks windshield does, 12 tint on mine. Not sure if this helps, will post pics when i get mine hopefully by the weekend.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 PM
ghostflamed
Road Captain

Thanks guys...very helpful. Good, clear pics would be great of this thing mounted. The ones I have seen on here weren't very clear to me about the final look.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the posts on the other thread mentioned that the headlights on the 09 are made from a harder plastic than previous years. Can anyone substantiate this. I'd like to know before I spend $35 on this bevel.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,169 Likes on 1,809 Posts

ya'll got parts books for your year scoots? I'll post up the 09 parts for the headlight assy. tomorrow evening and you can compare. I do know that on the 09's there are a bunch of new -09 pn#'s for some of the headlight parts even though they look the same as the parts in the pre 09's

Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
ya'll got parts books for your year scoots? I'll post up the 09 parts for the headlight assy. tomorrow evening and you can compare. I do know that on the 09's there are a bunch of new -09 pn#'s for some of the headlight parts even though they look the same as the parts in the pre 09's
07 FLTR - 67775-01C, Dual Headlamp Assembly

Quick Reply: Road Glide CVO Headlight Bezel Replacement