Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DONE!!!! Alpine 9887 head unit, Arc Audio mini and Boston Acoustics Pro50's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I would only be concerend about the weather for the speakers. I went through 2 set of speakers until I finally went with some POLK DB components (they are marine certified) they also have a signal to noise of 93 db so when paired up with th new Alpine PDX amp they are audible at 80mph with a RB LSR pipe.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:30 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The PAC SWI-JACK install isnt that bad. I just did it last week. I too was waiting around for a writeup and just decided to try it. The directions are still applicable to the newer bikes. Pretty straightforward.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I'm sure there are quite a few people who would be interested in your write up about the PAC SWI JACK install. I know I am!! I still need to wire mine up and have been waiting for someone to take plenty of pics along with a good write up so I don't mess it up.
I wish there was a write up too. I read the directions today...I dont know about all that splicing, thats just asking for trouble. LOL

Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Buddha4
I would only be concerend about the weather for the speakers. I went through 2 set of speakers until I finally went with some POLK DB components (they are marine certified) they also have a signal to noise of 93 db so when paired up with th new Alpine PDX amp they are audible at 80mph with a RB LSR pipe.
I've got a plan if this system doesn't stand up to the elements, but I'll cross that bridge if I ever get there.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by XXXRacing
The PAC SWI-JACK install isnt that bad. I just did it last week. I too was waiting around for a writeup and just decided to try it. The directions are still applicable to the newer bikes. Pretty straightforward.
I've got a few questions for you!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by XXXRacing
Would it be possible for you to post up the install to help some of us?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bigsky varimount tweeters mean they can mount in front of the main speaker instead of being mounted separatly. xovers or crossovers are a piece of audio equipment that allows the signals to be split fron the midrange to the tweeters. you wire the the speakers tweets and mids separatly to the xover then from the xover to the amp. this allows for more control to the speakers. hope this helps you some if you look at the stock speaker there are 2 small wires from the tweeter to the mids. this is a bigger version

Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

budda4 i want to say that a marine cert speaker means the magnet is coated to prevent rust. any speaker with a titanium cone and rubber buytl surround will be as good as polks. with the mag in the fairing rust isnt an issue. i ran polks for about a week but they werent up to the power my amp put out.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Fatneck 04
Advanced

I may sound dumb, but what is a PAC SWI-JACK ?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fatneck 04
I may sound dumb, but what is a PAC SWI-JACK ?
It is a module that allows use of the handlebar controls with an aftermarket radio.

Quick Reply: DONE!!!! Alpine 9887 head unit, Arc Audio mini and Boston Acoustics Pro50's!!!!