Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain X on windshield

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,088 Likes on 22,577 Posts

I hate ridin' in the rain, and will not if I don't have to. If I get caught in it, I'll pull over if I can find a place until it blows over, otherwise forget about it.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I use pure carnauba liquid wax on mine. Microfiber cloth to apply & remove. Put a few coats on and the bugs wipe off easily.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acchd
Yes I've read not to use Rain-X it on Lexan or plexi too. Kinda seems weird though cause on Clearviews website they say "Can be Polished, Buffed, and is Safe to use Rain-X Original Clear Formula". I've never tried it on my Clearview be interested if someone on here has?
I have used the Rain X on my Clearview shield and it doesn't hurt it at all. They are made of a different material than the stock windshields.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppa1
I have used the Rain X on my Clearview shield and it doesn't hurt it at all. They are made of a different material than the stock windshields.
Thanks guys for Clearview info and firsthand knowledge. I'll be more comfortable trying it now.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It depends on the plexiglass used. Most type it will haze the glass. I use "Liquid Glass" on my shield. It is a wax, and it works great on the glass and even better on hot chrome! Get it at most auto parts stores

Old 10-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
Yes I've read not to use Rain-X it on Lexan or plexi too. Kinda seems weird though cause on Clearviews website they say "Can be Polished, Buffed, and is Safe to use Rain-X Original Clear Formula". I've never tried it on my Clearview be interested if someone on here has?
Me. No problems.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
krp2nite
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swear by Rejex. Works just like rainx on the windshield but is made for plastics, glass, anything non porus....plus nothing sticks to it even bugs come right off with a wet rag.. I use the stuff on my whole bike, makes cleaning easy all year.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

quick detail spray

Old 04-24-2010, 02:39 PM
swlamedic
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TN Houndog
+3 on the lemon pledge! It will get the bugs and grime off not only the windshield but the whole bike in no time flat and won't hurt it in any way. I've been using it for close to 10 years and have had zero problems with it.
How do you use pledge? I mean, you spray it on and hose it or just wipe it off? I have been using that S100 stuff, but it does not get the bugs like I would like.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lmao, Pledge must be a subsidiary of MOCO.
Novus makes a plastic cleaner that gets bugs and other road crap off the windscreen in short notice, great for visors too.

When you windscreen starts getting all crappy I have found most times it's not the plastic, lexan or whatever it's made of it's the delightful coating thats put on as a protective measure for the substrate.

Quick Reply: Rain X on windshield