Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King - So how did that break?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Red Road King
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Road King - So how did that break?

I've got an '04 RK Classic. I spent the day putting on new grips and detailing the windshield. I left the windsield off and went for a ride. Just after I crossed a set of railroad tracks the crome strip piece on the top of the headlight assembly popped off. Luckily I grabbed it before I ran it over. It appears it is a chromed zinc part with two bosses. I assume it is retained by some sort of pushnut or clip arrangement. Both bosses broke off which caused the part to fall off. Has anyone had this part fall off and if so is this part available as an individual component or will the stealer try to sell me the whole headlight housing?

Old 04-02-2006, 01:17 AM
wingt50dw
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road King - So how did that break?

I assume you are talking about the strip that covers where the headlight housing halves come together on the top. If so, I had the same thing happen, except I broke it off when I was changing handlebars and I was planning a road trip the next day and don't have a dealership closer than 75 miles. I used clear silicone just like glue and put it back on. Can't even tell and makes the top of the headlight assmebly a lot more watertight. You might have to take a razorblade when it dries and clean off any excess that squeezes out.