Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pc iii rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pc iii rocks!!!

Well, I gotta say that the PCIII ROCKS!!! Now I know there are a lot of other fuel management options out there so I ain’t say’n the PCIII is the best. But in MHO it is the cats pajama’s. My 08 Ultra just hasn’t been “right” since I put on the Rinehart TD’s, Ness Big Sucker and the PCIII. I wasn’t hip to this forum when I bought the set-up so I wasn’t aware of the pro’s at Fuel Moto. Sounds like Jamie would have saved me some grief. Anyway, installed the works and the PCIII came with a canned map. Bike ran OK, but had some decal pop and a few other issues. Been thinking about a Dyno but then today figured screw that, I’ll go ahead and do some tweaking. Called John at Power Commander and got a few tips along with a PDF e-mail on dealing with decel pop. Popped the right side cover and hooked up to my laptop in the garage. Re-loaded the latest and greatest map for my TD and AC setup. Then fired it up and followed the instructions. Couldn’t have been any easier and just totally awesome to sit with my laptop while the bike was running and make adjustments. I finally found the PERFECT set up. The only difference from the suggested PCIII map was to go to the zero percent column in both fuel tables and change the +5 value to +10 from 2000rpm all the way up to 6500rpm. Can’t believe the difference! It’s like I have a whole new bike. Anyway, not sayin PCIII is the best because I know that’s a whole nuther subject. Just wanted to pass along a totally positive experience with a great product that is really simple to understand and use. My 02.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 PM
hdrider07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my stage 1 and PCIII will be in next week early. I hope to have the same experence as you did. Jamie is doing mine and from what I have read he is the man to go to with these.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 PM
skulz1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PCIII from Fuel Moto

Fuel Moto treated me right, their "Power Package" on my '07 Street Glide rocks!!! What a difference it made to my bike, it really did "wake" the bike up. Next stop, Cams!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Glyde
Road Master

Agree 100%. PCIII rocks!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:36 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skulz1
Fuel Moto treated me right, their "Power Package" on my '07 Street Glide rocks!!! What a difference it made to my bike, it really did "wake" the bike up. Next stop, Cams!!!
+1 on this and the original poster's experience the the PCIII and my great experience with FM. It is a way cool piece and I too love being able to make adjustments. The only problem now is I am getting the CI itch, and have already asked Jaime for the 103 Stage II map for my FM power package. Shhhhh....he's already sent it to me, so now I just have to figure out how to swing the build. Hmmmm....

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PCIII's really do work great. I think the best part is they allow me to tinker with them and save various maps. Jamie and Fuel Moto have provided great service and information.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

I know PC's have the capabilities...but everyone I know using one has been getting lousy gas mileage [low 30's] with a canned map. How is yours?

Old 10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
skulz1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel Mileage with PCIII

Seahag, I am getting around 38-41 mpg with my set-up. I would like to see it a little better, maybe in the spring I'll lean it out some in the cruise range.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Pezz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get between 42 and 48 depending on my riding. I have to agree, the PCIII has been great for me. I installed the unit and downloaded the latest map for my set up and it has run pretty good. I took it in to a dyno and they squeezed an extra 1.5 hp and a little more torque over the map I downloaded. That right there tells all.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 AM
neonhomer
Road Captain

Do us all a favor and post up the PDF... I wouldn't mind reading it...

Heading out to the bike now w/ the laptop to make an adjustment to the map. I'm popping on decel, and I need to adjust the 0% throttle from 2000 - 6500 RPM to +10....

Quick Reply: Pc iii rocks!!!