Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pc iii rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PC is the best piggyback unit. The TTS reprograms the stock ECU directly, thus no piggybacking.

Probably the only real downside to the TTS versus the PC is that the TTS gets married to the ECU and cannot program another. Other than that, the balance is all in favor of the TTS. It's incredible, almost.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:34 PM
HarryDavidson
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the TTS throw codes or can you simply remove it an no one is the wiser that it was ever installed?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The folks that made the SERT for Harley now sell a more capable version of it called the TTS tuner. The relationship with Harley is over. Harley went to a different company for a different design.

With the TTS you can copy your stock program off your bike's computer and re-install it later if you want, to completely cover your tracks. In the mean time, you can install an appropriate program of your choice and use the included software in conjunction with datalogging some rides to "autotune" the programming to your bike, without a dyno. You can do a lot with this tool to directly program your bike's computer. No piggybacking anything and you can adjust your O2 sensor voltages for a richer mixture somewhat like the Nightrider O2 IEDs do externally. Except that by doing that internally, you can synchronize the rest of the programming with it, which does not happen with the IEDs.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:49 PM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been running the PCIII with the LCD. After the dyno run I loaded the new MAP on my PC and began to make my own MAP's for different AFR 's. These were then loaded into the LCD. The dyno set the base for power. I have lowered the AFR's for more mpg's. I have MAP's in the LCD that are for 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, and 20% less fuel. With the LCD I can change the MAP's on the fly. Also with the LCD I can Raise or lower the AFR on the fly in the three different RPM ranges, but not at specific throttle positions.