Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettin Screwed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the pressure on the rep, this is not right, as others have said, keep calm but be persistent, hope you get the satisfaction you deserve

Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,664 Likes on 8,464 Posts

Now wait a minute. Are you telling us only the top end of the motor is warranted. Can you explain that in further detail?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down warranty

Funny deal, everything from the valve guides to the case is bad ??? it doesn't sound like they know what's wrong or what the warranty covers.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Hoginthesky
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I want to thank everyone for there posts. I will try to remain calm while I'm dealing with Harley. Yes I have done all the servicing myself ,I have babied my bike. Most of the oil changes have occurred at the 2500 mile mark but once it was a 3000. I purchased all my oil filters at the dealer and there have been no mods to the engine except the Harley oil cooler that I install the first week I had the bike. I also install an oil temp gauge in place of the air temp gauge. Most of my riding is a 54 mile commute, all highway. I have seen the oil temp get up to 220 once and a while but most of the time its right around 200. I don't want to give the impression that I now hate Harley or think that there bikes suck, I really Love my bike. I have never ridden on anything that makes me feel the way I do when I'm on my ultra and I have never been more proud of any purchase that I've ever made. I know that things break and was not upset about that. What I'm so mad about is all of the problems I now have are after they removed the rear jug. The bike never had oil seeping from the rear base until AFTER they removed it. The bike never had low oil pressure until after they worked on it. But to there credit it does not smoke anymore!! I will keep every one informed as I find out more.. Thanks to everyone

Last edited by Hoginthesky; 10-18-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Hoginthesky
Novice

rjcsnappy just sent you a pm

Old 10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To Hoginthesky, I can very much understand your frustration. I would love to know the outcome of this issue with your bike. Sorry, you are having to go through all of this. Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely...

Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by scooty
Funny deal, everything from the valve guides to the case is bad ??? it doesn't sound like they know what's wrong or what the warranty covers.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I think the service techs at that dealer need to get their story straight.

I would speak with the MOCO service rep in your area. Make sure you have documentation for everything you bought...oil & filters. I would not involve a lawyer just yet, but that WOULD be my very next step. Just find someone who specializes in this sort of law....warranty law, and Magnuson Moss sort of stuff.

Chances are everything will work out for the best, but then I would be finished with that dealer for service. In fact I would be shopping around for a new HD dealer service dept right now....then when you talk to the service rep, you could ask him/her if there is any way you could have the bike moved form the one dealer to the other. Just tell the rep you have lost all confidence in the service dept I am currently using.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:13 PM
streetglide007
Intermediate
Default I feel your pain!

I feel your pain bud, I'm dealing with HD right now also. The warranty obviously isn't good for much! I took my bike in to my closest (Yes it was a mistake) dealer thinking that these machines are about as complicated as a tractor mechanically.
I got it back exactly the way it was delivered only with a $180.00 bill and an explanation that the warranty doesn't cover troubleshooting and that the bikes fine.
O.K., then why can't I see out of my mirrors, and why do my feet vibrate off the boards,and why won't the highway pegs stay in the up position, and why is the windscreen a blur between 1800 and 2200 rpms? It wasn't like this 2 weeks ago. It now has 21500 miles and 1 month and 1 week of factory warranty left.
An indie shop I've dealt with told me the extended warranty won't even cover the engine, does anyone know that to be a fact?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:32 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

PM Sent with number that might help. Good Luck.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:17 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Cool 09FLoaTeR

Dangit SIKKUM KILLER!

Quick Reply: Gettin Screwed!!!!