Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX Front Fender Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:07 AM
hitone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLHX Front Fender Replacement

My 2007 Street Glide has some front fender damage like dents and scrapes (don't ask)! I saw a thread about the fat boy fender on an Road King and I see that the Harley catalogue lists hardware for mounting a fat boy fender on an RK.
Does anyone have a FB fender on an FLHX? Do you have pics? What part numbers are the hardware and the fender? How much $ ? Any prob's with fit?
If reasonable and looks good, I might change it out otherwise I'll repair the damaged fender.
Oh ya, my fairing has some severe scuffs and gouges. Any ideas other than remove and refinish?
By the way, you don't bounce as well at 62 as you did at 18!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hitone
My 2007 Street Glide has some front fender damage like dents and scrapes (don't ask)! I saw a thread about the fat boy fender on an Road King and I see that the Harley catalogue lists hardware for mounting a fat boy fender on an RK.
Does anyone have a FB fender on an FLHX? Do you have pics? What part numbers are the hardware and the fender? How much $ ? Any prob's with fit? PM Dawg for the part numbers. Given the damage to the fairing, you would probably save $$$ by repairing the fairing, getting a fender via Ebay and having the parts painted using PPG paint--the PPG codes for HD colors are available.
If reasonable and looks good, I might change it out otherwise I'll repair the damaged fender.
Oh ya, my fairing has some severe scuffs and gouges. Any ideas other than remove and refinish? Don't know how you would repair surface and paint damage without removing it from the bike--it only takes the removal of seven screws. I dropped my bike the day I bought it and scraped up the left side near the fairing mounted mirrors. I used some thin-type Bondo (don't recall the precise name) and had the fairing repainted--looks like new and has held up great for 3+ years. With the fender off, the fairing off, and parts getting painted, it'd be a good time to pull the inner fairing off and have it painted, as well, IMO. May as well get some benefit from your crash while you are at it.
Good luck with your repairs.

Edit: I got tired of all the white paint, so I bought and installed the HD fairing bra. You might consider the bra if you don't want to fool with the fairing repair now.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by hitone
Does anyone have a FB fender on an FLHX? Do you have pics? What part numbers are the hardware and the fender? How much $ ? Any prob's with fit?
Oh ya, my fairing has some severe scuffs and gouges. Any ideas other than remove and refinish?
I bought the adapters from local H.D dealer and ordered the fender from the Factory. I had them paint the fender since I think Harley paint is hard to beat. I blasted the chrome off the adapters and had them powdercoated. The paint cost more than the fender but I like the end result.

I don't remember the exact cost around $350.00. The part #'s are in the P&A Catalog. You could probably get paint cheaper, I just wanted Factory Harley paint.

Attached Thumbnails FLHX Front Fender Replacement-s5000018.jpg  

Last edited by Northside; 10-17-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

PM UltraCla$$ic: He lowered a plain fender on his Ultra--looks very sharp.