Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input on an air horn

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for input on an air horn

Saw this flamed air horn and am thinking about getting it.

Anyone familiar with it?

http://www.skullmanonline.com/metal-arts/ma4200c.html

Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not familiar with his stuff. looks good though. I have a set of Howards horns on my scoot, and they are nice. On a side note, it's fun to watch those cagers come unglued when I blast them for pulling in front of me.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a minibeast on my RK and have been very pleased with it. I bought another one to put on my Dyna but don't like the way it looks. I might have to look into either the flame or the skull.

By the way, my air horn has already given two cagers a heads up and probably kept me from getting hit by one of them.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard good things about the Mini-Beast. Is the only thing you don't like about it the way it looks. Performance wise, is it good?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a set of triple plastic ones laying around the garage(off of my dualie)so I started experimenting with a mounting bracket, etc. I used a piece of angle bracket(one with all the holes in it)and mounted the horns to it, then I bent a piece of sheetmetal at work, to cover the part of the horns where the air line connected and also to cover the air lines, notched it to fit around the horns just back of the trumpet end. Mounted the air compressor on the back of the cover and bolted the assembly to the horn mounting stud.
In about a week the top horn broke at the mounting bolt. So took it off and cut it down to two horns. I doesn't vibrate now and gets the cages, dogs, deer and what ever else I blast with it attention. Figure my complete cost was maybe 20.00...

Joe

Old 10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the mini beast and love it. Maybe a little too much. I think it looks good and works better. I have had to use it 2 times and just wanted to several hundred. I like it when they drop their cell phone when i blast it. I smile and wave.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Mini-Beast on my FXRS, so I bought one for the RG. The first one had a stainless cover and the new one had plastic. Well, the plastic cover broke to the point of coming off and then the remaining bracket that held it on broke. Then, once I took it off, I realized it is a Steibel with a piece of crap plastic cover over it. It saved my butt plenty of times, but I won't buy another one. Steibel probably, Mini-Beast no....

Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 AM
jjlefty51
Road Warrior

I have been looking at them too. I spoke to the manufacturer last week and he said they are not available yet. He expects it to be another month before they ship. He is supposed to send me an email when they become available. That may be why the web link you posted says to allow 3 weeks for delivery.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM
MrDoo
Advanced

I saw a guy on a ride that had airhorns on each side mounted between the rear fender and the saddlebags. They were mounted so that they ran parallel with the shocks. Pretty neat because you couldn't see them unless you really got in there and looked. There were 4 tubes in total, and man were they loud.

He said that they were not homemade, he bought them online.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Hogtail
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mississippi Bagger
Saw this flamed air horn and am thinking about getting it.

Anyone familiar with it?

http://www.skullmanonline.com/metal-arts/ma4200c.html
The horn that your talking about from your link is made by Metal Arts Inc. http://www.metalartsinc.com/motorcyc...accesories.htm

You can listen to them here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamFqpI5I0U

I bought mine from a guy that was selling the horns on Ebay and he is a real nice guy:
http://www.grcustoms.com/

You can take a look at it on my bike:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/283111-pictures-of-my-new-09-road-glide-pics-engine-mod-suggestions.html

How do I like them? When I traded my Dyna it was a requirement that they swap the Metal Arts Horn and put it on my RG. How loud? Obnoxiously load. Lets put it this way I was in heavy traffic a month ago and everyone was going about 10-15 MPH I was watching a FedEx semi pulling double trailers very carefully as I was coming up on his left - and sure enough he doesn't see me and he starts a lane change toward me and I laid on the horn and he got right back in the lane that he was in. I wouldn't have the cowbell on my bike.

The horn is made from a cast aluminum that is chromed I haven't had a single issue with it, but then again it's only 4 months old, but I like the clean look.

On the Metal Arts page I linked above if you scroll down you will see a bunch of thumbnails pics you can click on to see how the horns look on a variety of bikes.

Last edited by Hogtail; 10-18-2008 at 02:32 AM.