Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO Catch 22

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 AM
woodhog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO Catch 22

One my bags fell off the bike going down I 540 Saturday. As you might expect it is skinned up. Problem is that the paint is a CVO black metalic. Harley cutomer service says that I can only get touch up paint and won't sell enough to repaint the bag.

This is insanity. Why would anyone buy a bike that you can 't match the color on?

Both Pig trail and I have tried talking to these idiots with no help from Moco.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:14 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

House of color will match any paint that you have. Doc

Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

[quote=woodhog;3998368]

This is insanity. Why would anyone buy a bike that you can 't match the color on?

[quote]

"Liimited Edition" is an important part of the marketing of the CVO bikes, although it may not be to you. If CVO colors in sprayable quantities were available, CVO clones would be made. So, HD doesn't sell the CVO paint in sprayable quatities. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dupont Chromavision analyzer found at paint shops can match your color.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:45 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Bring it to a good shop and they will fix it... My bourget is Kandy with Ghost flames and had a god aweful skull on the tank origanally painted by Deanos. I took it to a well known (one of the best shops in the area) body shop that mainly works on Ferraris and Lambo's and had the skull removed and the flames painted through. They didnt have to repaint the whole tank, they found a way to match up what was there, hand paint the flames and re-clear it several times. No one could or will ever be able to tell the skull was removed, except for seeing it on the build sheet.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 AM
woodhog
Advanced

It's just a black, I think they could give up the code.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

By the way, what is an '07 SE Street Glide--105th Anniversary model?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Id think you could get it matched easily at a good shop

Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 AM
LPFRAY
Cruiser

Wife's bike is an 03 EGC. with 100th two tone paint. The bat wing has seen many a rock and needs to be redone. We tried to order new one and they said no. Told us if we want to get the 100th paint we had to send in old one to MoCo, they would either repaint or give new one but had to have original back if not Dealership is charged $5000 for every special paint part that is not returned to them, them being the MoCo. So see if you can send the entire bag back to get repainted or replaced. Dealership said it has to do with the copywrite of the paint and because it is limited edition.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LPFRAY
Wife's bike is an 03 EGC. with 100th two tone paint. The bat wing has seen many a rock and needs to be redone. We tried to order new one and they said no. Told us if we want to get the 100th paint we had to send in old one to MoCo, they would either repaint or give new one but had to have original back if not Dealership is charged $5000 for every special paint part that is not returned to them, them being the MoCo. So see if you can send the entire bag back to get repainted or replaced. Dealership said it has to do with the copywrite of the paint and because it is limited edition.
Sorry, but I don't believe that. I bought several pieces of '03 anniversary sheet metal from my dealer's annual swapmeet. Most of the damaged stuff had the badge peeled off, but not all.

Attached Thumbnails CVO Catch 22-imag0098.jpg  

Quick Reply: CVO Catch 22