Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09... it never happened!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09... it never happened!

If you read all the reviews either from riders or virtually all article's in most all magazines, the 09 models are a rock solid hit. Flame as you will, these are the best bikes HD has ever built. You can say it is early, and you can say all are on the band wagon, but the fact is, these are very much improved bikes and the issues are rare. It never happened. The 09 models have very few issues. Ride one for any length of time and you will be convinced. It is obvious. I am not saying trade your late models, and I am not saying they are not very good rides because they are. What I am saying is that HD has did it right and the 09 models are the best ride they ever put out. Argue as you may, but the fact is virtually all reviews and riders attest a huge difference. You may find a rider or an article with an argument, but the fact is the vast majority knows......that is a fact. OK, lets hear it.
Ride Safe.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 PM
ghostflamed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing you are gonna hear from me is AMEN BROTHER! Best motorcycle (not just HD) I have ever owned and I have owned MANY. Wow, what a ride. If you are not on one you just don't know how good it can be. Period, the end.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:36 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IRready
If you read all the reviews either from riders or virtually all article's in most all magazines, the 09 models are a rock solid hit. Flame as you will, these are the best bikes HD has ever built. You can say it is early, and you can say all are on the band wagon, but the fact is, these are very much improved bikes and the issues are rare. It never happened. The 09 models have very few issues. Ride one for any length of time and you will be convinced. It is obvious. I am not saying trade your late models, and I am not saying they are not very good rides because they are. What I am saying is that HD has did it right and the 09 models are the best ride they ever put out. Argue as you may, but the fact is virtually all reviews and riders attest a huge difference. You may find a rider or an article with an argument, but the fact is the vast majority knows......that is a fact. OK, lets hear it.
Ride Safe.
I haven't ridden an '09 so I can't say anything +/- about it.
But I can say, HD advertises with most of these mags.
Of course there would be minimal negative reviews.

Just my .02

Old 10-15-2008, 11:43 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that's right! Rub it in for us guys that bought 08's!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Ben U

I'll let you know Friday, I had one shipped from the Warehouse yesterday and it will be ready to test ride Friday. If the deal is right, I'll jump in. Vivid Black FLHTCU ...

Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Um, uh, well my opinion is out of 5.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry,

But not impressed,

Rode my buddy's 09 Road Glide and I found nothing that would make me get rid of my 04 Road Glide for an 09,

Now, as a caveat, I did hop up the motor on mine to a 95 C.I. torque monster, so no ridicule from anyone trying to compare an 88 to a 96.

Also, my buddy rode my bike at the same time and he preferred the ride of mine, no BS, just his comment,

I did admire the Brembo's on the 09 though, just not enough to get rid of my ride,

Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 AM
rebelroy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 07 is the BEST bike I have ever rode or owned. Have not rode an 09 but if some one wants to give me one I will ride it.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 AM
abrasive
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I am hopin' is that this same post doesn't come up when the '10's hit the street.

Dave
'09 FLHX and lovin' every minute of it.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ButtMan1000
Sorry,

But not impressed,

Rode my buddy's 09 Road Glide and I found nothing that would make me get rid of my 04 Road Glide for an 09,

Now, as a caveat, I did hop up the motor on mine to a 95 C.I. torque monster, so no ridicule from anyone trying to compare an 88 to a 96.

Also, my buddy rode my bike at the same time and he preferred the ride of mine, no BS, just his comment,

I did admire the Brembo's on the 09 though, just not enough to get rid of my ride,
Well, ya got me. This is my first HD so I have nothing else to compare it to besides my two riding buddy's, one '03 and one '04. They really like mine too. I still give it a .

Quick Reply: 09... it never happened!