Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09... it never happened!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ButtMan1000
Jeez, not 100% agreement here on how fabulous the 09's are,

After 2003 I went through all the fuss about posters here hating the metal emblem on the 03 Anniversary bikes,

Some people got all bent out of shape defending the design,

You gotta realize that nothing will ever get unanimous approval on the bikes,

If you like it, OK, be happy, If not, fine also,

Chill Out,

]
Chill out? WTF are you talking about. I have no chillin goin on dude. (you understand that?) Only panties in a wad are yours. So you "Chill Out".

Old 10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
redbaron72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PITA
Too funny...same subject raised by the same chaps in love with their '09's. To that I say goodforya, but lets not pretend...

1. the media, even those not tied into mag or ad revenue, are not flown in on the manufacturers' dime and only by invite at product launches
2. that one key objective of the new frame was to cut down on manufacturing costs, not just Harleys "constant quest for perfection"
3. that 40+ extra pounds is **** any way you look at it - esp. with the same power
4. that some of us who have ridden the '09's miss the vibration at idle
5. that some of us who have ridden the '09's can feel the extra pounds at low speeds, or maybe its the fatter tires resisting turn in or the greater trail slowing response...
6. that some of us who have ridden the '09's were surprised by the relatively harsher ride
7. that some of us like the lower seat height (I don't think the suspension compresses as much on the '09 under load)
8. that maybe some of us have yet to experience this dreaded wobble some talk about, maybe others have stiffened their suspensions or bagger braced themselves and actually have a better handling 40 pound lighter bike
9. that maybe some of us are frustrated that Harley didn't fall off their wallets and build a stronger lighter alloy framed tourer
10. that maybe some of us (ok, maybe just me) prefer thin tires on a vintage style bike like a RKC...call me crazy

I have 5 "toys" sitting in my garage, all but one is paid, so I can upgrade if I want. But I don't see the need, I really don't. Why is this so hard for some of you chaps to believe? Could it be, yes - there may be some improvments to the '09's, but there are also some negatives, and we're intelligent enough to see past 90% of the hype...or not spend hard earned cash chasing it.
Man I hate to start trouble,but you really dont know what your talking about,at all.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:28 AM
kong00us
Cruiser

it should be a little better.isn't that the way it's suppose been no matter what it is,car,bike,truck,boat,quad.....why does everyone need to say mines ok,mines better cause a 09.....if you like whatever year you have that's all that matters...screw what the next guy says.....they don't matter.....if you want a new one get it..if not don't...but don't try to tell anyone they are wrong because everyone is different...what's right for you my not be right for the next person....we all like riding bikes...that really all that matters.....this subjects getting way to deep..your not stupid,or cheap because you do or don't....just my 2 cents

Old 10-18-2008, 04:35 AM
RamDez
Cruiser

I have a 08 Ultra, off road at the moment with £11500 worth of damage due to someone running into me.

I have a 09 Ultra that the dealer gave me to run around in.

1) man, its way heavier than the 08 ....
2) man, its way higher than the 08
3) man, it handles great, no wobble
4) man, the ruddy heat issue is still there, got roasted thighs on the RTTW

Its a great bike but I will be happy to get my 08 back.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:15 AM
TennesseeJed
Tourer
Talking

i was able to talk 'da wife into spending more of the retirement and bought a '09 RK and i just diggin' it.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:35 AM
shadowrunner
Cruiser

Well an 800lb. bike is an 800lb. no matter how you look at it, have they improved the
front shocks?? or the rear shocks?? try doing that then tell us what you think, the stock
front shocks on harleys is pretty dated technology alot room for improvement there.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:39 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

My dad can beat up your dad!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by IRready
Chill out? WTF are you talking about. I have no chillin goin on dude. (you understand that?) Only panties in a wad are yours. So you "Chill Out".

Your reply says it all Pal,

Old 10-18-2008, 09:25 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=abrasive;3997885]All I am hopin' is that this same post doesn't come up when the '10's hit the street.
QUOTE]

I'm sure the 10's will be the best ever!! Nothing wrong with being happy with your bike but the 09's have been out for about 4months now. Not long enough to see any major issues IMO.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I believe they made some great upgrades this year.. the new frame and wheels/tires especially. But, some of my buddies 08s have had some serious issues not yet resolved. The TBW infamous fast idle, and some are running hotter than the 07s and some are burning oil, up to a quart between oil changes.

Have these issues have been resolved?

They look great and I know HD is trying, but they seemed to have some issues in 08, even if they did get a free IDS and a bigger tank.
Hip these are just a few of the issues. My 08 sucked. Nothing but trouble. I think I got a lemon but it was a horrible experience.

Quick Reply: 09... it never happened!