Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW! Griot's Garage Polishing stuff rocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WOW! Griot's Garage Polishing stuff rocks

I had some surface scratches on my vivid black Ultra saddlebag lid. Did a little reasearch on the forums and found some guy bragging about the the Griot's Garage Random Orbital Polisher (I have never heard of em). Needless to say and being a sucker for a lot of products on the forum, I went to the website and ended up buying a kit for $218 which included the polisher, pads and a few of their products. As promised it arrived yesterday with a dvd which I wached last night instead of Dancing With the Stars!

Gave it a try today and I am very impressed. Easy to use and all the scratches are GONE and left me with an amazing mirror shine. I guess any polisher would work but this one gets my vote. I didn't even screw anything up which is a big suprise for me.
Tomorrow I start on the batwing and see how that goes.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

You watch "Dancing with the Stars"? Isn't that grounds to be banned from the forum? For Life?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
HawgMan_renamed
Road Warrior

Oh tima don't be to hard on him..a man is going to slip every now and then.lol...Hey Bigredone glad to hear you having good luck with your polishing....Both of you ride safe..

Last edited by HawgMan_renamed; 10-15-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:31 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the ban..

Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received one of their small catalogs in the mail the other day - I hadn't heard of them before that. Which orbital buffer did you buy, the regular one for cars or the small one for bikes?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
cegusa
Tourer

The random orbital sanders work great. I have a Porter Cable which is probably the same unit. What brand of products did you get with it. A lot of the new high tech polishes work without abrasives, which makes it very easy to work with, and not having to worry about doing more harm. For anyone that reads this and is interested, I have been using a couple of products with fantastic results shown below. I know a lot of folks use and swear by Zaino products. I'll likely try them as well some time in the future. For now, here is what I have found that works easily, deep shine and lasts.

http://www.sonus-usa.com/

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/klass...FQOIFQodCzw-zQ

Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HawgMan
Oh tima don't be to hard on him..a man is going to slip every now and then.lol...Hey Bigredone glad to hear you having good luck with your polishing....Both of you ride safe..
Okay, okay, I'll let it slide this time,......( I like "The Biggest Loser" and eat junk food while watching)
So what's different about this polisher from a regular one?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
cegusa
Tourer

Originally Posted by tima
Okay, okay, I'll let it slide this time,......( I like "The Biggest Loser" and eat junk food while watching)
So what's different about this polisher from a regular one?
The random orbiter polisher does it's work without generating high rpm's and too much heat which is the cause of most burn through using the type a typical body shop uses.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

A regular polisher is around 1250 rpm, besides random orbital, any difference? It's slower?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Bigredone, pm me with the web site please? I promise to never make fun of Dancing with the Stars again...

Quick Reply: WOW! Griot's Garage Polishing stuff rocks