Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Heavy Shockproof users input

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
hdal711
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought an 09 ultra back in aug. 5th gear noise whinny,dealer said its a straight cut gear wont hurt anything. ok so after reading up on tranny noise in 6 speed trannys i had the dealer put in lucas oil stabilizer. real thick like stp. it did quiet it down some but can still hear it. my next trans change will be red line heavy shock proof,riders seem to like it cause it works. we'll see thanks alzie

Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the V-Twin Redline is easier to find than the HD shockproof. cycle gear is located in many cities and keeps it in stock. i changed it into my 09 at 800 miles. it is amazing.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 AM
gunnut1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the heavy duty shockproof in my"07" ultra at 2500 miles, noticed an improvement right away. Trans is slightly quieter, shifts much better and NEUTRAL is much easier to find.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
RjCapp
Road Master

I have a bottle in front of me. I was told same stuff new style labels! Try it you will like it!

V-TWIN
TRANSMISSION OIL
WITH SHOCKPROOF
ALL-SYNTHETIC
FORMULA

Originally Posted by Mick
Ghost , while I was perusing the Redline site , it looked like there are 2 separate oils that do the same thing.
Redline Heavy Shockproof and
V-Twin Transmission Oil with Shockproof.
Both spec the same but the bottle says V-Twin......
Probably a marketing thing , but I was just wondering........
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Mick

Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Taste great and less filling.. I put it in all my bikes, my friends have done the same with the same no noise, easy shifting results

Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
CSA
Road Master

I used RL in my Dyna and it really reduced Tranny noise and neutral was much easier to find. Haven't changed to it in my King but I will before next years riding season starts!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I've used Shockproof heavy in my 06 since about 5,000 miles. It got rid of the gear noises and made it a lot easier to find neutral. Since then I've told friends about it and 3 of them use it in their bikes. Unofficially, the mechanics at my local dealer recommend it to their customers who ask about different oils.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've said this before, I've got at least 250,000 miles on HD's with Heavy Duty Shockproof in the gearbox. I'm sold on it, never had a problem. Can't compare it with the V-Twin stuff, cause I'm not switching to see. I've never seen any supportable data that tells me there is anything better. That said, I'm not saying there isn't anything better, just that I haven't seen any proof of it. There's a ton of great products out there, and folks kind of get stuck on what they like and what works for them. So, for what it's worth...here's one more opinion, no better or worse than any of the others you'll read... Good Luck

Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
WireDawg
Road Master

Originally Posted by gunnut1
Put the heavy duty shockproof in my"07" ultra at 2500 miles, noticed an improvement right away. Trans is slightly quieter, shifts much better and NEUTRAL is much easier to find.
Put mine in @ 1500 miles.........agree w/ all the above !!! Going to the local dealer next week to get next year's spring supply........20%OFF EVERYTHING in the store sale (except bikes)

Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I've tried several different oils over the years and have settled on RLHSP - my indy suggested I try it in my dyna @ 10K miles, it made an incredible difference - no more clunk. I put it in my RKC @ 1K and don't hear any of the 5th gear noise people mention. I'm a firm believer - its a first class product.

Quick Reply: Redline Heavy Shockproof users input