Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions from 07's to 09's

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Ben U
Default Opinions from 07's to 09's

I'm thinking of trading my 07 Electra Glide Classic up to a 09 Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Has anyone else here done the same? What are you thoughts after doing so?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think you will find a single person that has traded up to an 09 that is not happy with their decision. In fact after a long test ride I decided to move up to an 09. Knew I would not be completely satisfied with mine anymore after that ride. The only thing you need to worry about, and it might not even be a worry to you, is taking a big hit on trade.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your money

It's your money...for now anyway. If you want to spend it on a new one, do so by all means.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
rabidd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 to 09

I have a 07 and thought about tradeing up but will wait to see the 2010 model with all the fixes from 09.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Been there, done that. Very happy, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:12 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

I rode the 09 CVO Ultra last week. Nice bike and certainly improved over my 07. BUT, not that much improved so that it made me want one. I haven't had some of the issues others have had with their 07's, such as heat and transmission noises,etc.

I like the 09 colors big time. My White Gold Pearl still floats my boat, but the Crimson Red is awesome. A six gallon tank might be nice for long trips, but I ride with guys who have five gallon tanks most of the time, so that didn't tip me over either. I have no complaints on my bike's handling either, so while the 09 is improved there, again, didn't tip me over. The ride was the same, and my bike idles pretty smooth mostly. As for the wider rear tire, I couldn't tell any difference, but maybe they'll go further. Probably cost more to replace though.

The one thing that I wouldn't mind having is the throttle by wire. The throttle was seamless, while the cabled one on my bike tends to get sloppy between services.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
keithj
Intermediate

hell 07 -09 -10-or a 69 ive got a 07 i like it i dont think 10 will be a good year .the epa spec's change again for the 2010 yr bikes so it anyones guess as to how much more screwed up that will make them .im keepin my 07 when it brakes ill fix it ,rebuild it repaint it and so on and 15yrs from now ill have that well maintained old cool bike that we all kind of think is cool ..hell more than one freind of mine has a newer road king sitting in his garage and hes out riden his old rebuilt ,repainted cool as hell shovel every wk end
keith 2cents

Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

I have two buddies, one has an '04 police edition and the other a '03 100 year anniversary. They're pretty excited i got a '09, crawling all over looking at the changes. This is my first UC, crap, it's my first Harley so what do I know? Nothing! Had metrics all my life. I'm so danged happy with this bike it's pathetic. It rides like a dream, can't think of a thing to add to it besides the riders back rest (on order). They have four gallon tanks, I have a six, the rear tire is huge, lots of rubber on the pavement, down to the little things like heat shields, leg vents and fairing vents. It's going to be quite a while before I think about getting another bike, love the heck out of this one! And yes, the colors you can get are awesome! Oh yea, the 96 C.I. twin is a big plus too.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 PM
boomer
Cruiser

I traded my 07 SG in for a 09 ultra. Loved the SG but wanted to keep adding things like lowers and trunk. The ultra came with all the goodies so mybe I won't be to the bank as much. I really like the way the ultra rides and feels much smaller at slower speeds...parking lots and such IMO

Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 AM
keithj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boomer
I traded my 07 SG in for a 09 ultra. Loved the SG but wanted to keep adding things like lowers and trunk. The ultra came with all the goodies so mybe I won't be to the bank as much. I really like the way the ultra rides and feels much smaller at slower speeds...parking lots and such IMO
ive got a 07 rkc the only thing i would add is the leather tour pack but dont really need it ... the classic is the bike that ive always wanted both the metrics i had before this i dressed to look like the rkc classic so im just gonna let it get old ... maintanied ... but old ..i also like the fact the i can take of the pass. back rest and the windsheild and have that old cool kinda look when im hopping around town ...but if i where wealth i would diffinitly have a hot rod custom street glide as well ......big bikes rule
keith

Quick Reply: Opinions from 07's to 09's